“Play Authentic” can eat my authentic ass

I bought a white LPC, and absolutely hated the neck. It was like a toothpick.

From what I’ve read they differ quite a bit between the big 4 MIJ LP makers. Was it an Edwards or Orville you had?

I recently had this 1” neck completely change my mind about big necks and actually sold my PRS because the neck was so uncomfortable to play after getting this Strat.

AFBEE228-163B-4CD5-BC3B-6598EC1CF817.jpeg

My 2019 Standard is definitely worth the money and I got it right off the factory line for $2400. I wanted one Les Paul that I keep, watch age and eventually pass to my kid one day. Separate from that, my other Les Pauls are tools (Classic covered in stickers and newer Studio)

My Norlin LPCs absolutely demolish my 2018 and 2019 Gibson Les Paul traditional and standard respectively. The maple necks combined with non chambered maple top/mahogany bodies are a simple and straight forward recipe Gibson can’t get as correct these days.

I will say though that my newer Les Paul’s are great workhorses and play amazing which is why I keep them around. But there’s I reason I own three Norlin era gibsons and it isn’t because I’m a collector - I put EMGs in one of them.

I love edwards and Orville by Gibson guitars but the real deal old wood does make my real gibsons sound like toys by comparison.

Out of all of my guitars I play my 88 poplar charvel the most which has a bridge pickup in it that I built and love. It’s neutral and what I tune amps with.

I don’t hate on Edwards or others so I don’t get the hate for the real deal besides cost. Yes they’re expensive but to me they’ve delivered on their costs otherwise I’d flipped all three of mine otherwise by now.

I don’t hate on Edwards or others so I don’t get the hate for the real deal besides cost. Yes they’re expensive but to me they’ve delivered on their costs otherwise I’d flipped all three of mine otherwise by now.
I don't think Gibsons are ridiculously priced. They are more expensive than some guitars obviously but also have a big chunk of mahogany and in a lot of cases, a beautiful maple top. I paid hundreds less on my 2019 new LP Standard than the new LP Standard I got in 2008.

PRS guitars are expensive and there were a ton of guitars I wanted back in the day like Anderson, Ibanez, etc and couldn't afford those. They could lower some prices but not too crazy but just my opinion.

Back