12 free cabinets offered on Tone Vault

Chuffy

This morning an offer from Two-Notes came through for 12 free cabinets on something called Tone Vault. I've got Wall of Sound installed on my PC, so I figured that it had something to do with that, and hey, why not add a few more cabinets. So I downloaded everything that the link offered. From what I've been able to figure out, there are some different cabinets added under the Cabinet Manager pull down menu in Wall of Sound. It doesn't seem to want to let me get to them unless I get rid of some of the original cabinets I have in there. If I unload one of the ones I already have, can I get it back later?

Hello @Chuffy

The Two notes Tone Vault pack is given for free for all Two notes account holders when the user redeems the pack from the website. Once the 12 cabinets in your license, they do not replace any of the existing cabinets you have. You never lose cabinets from your license by getting new ones. Can you please submit a ticket on the Two helpdesk (support.two-notes.com) with the logfile of Wall of Sound please? This article will help you create the logfile https://support.two-notes.com/knowledgebase.php?article=331

I will be able to understand your issue with more ease with this file, and get the technical team involved if needed, through the Two notes Helpdesk. Thank you.

You can still get to your old stuff. It will be in a cloud which is your personal Two Notes license. And you will still be able to get to it in your wall of sound because you have to be online to access your online stuff. You only need to download it or upload it to your C.A.B M+ or Remote respectively if you want to be able to access it offline. Once you have purchased or otherwise obtained Two Notes IRs, you will never lose them. They will always be accessible.

I have a C.A.B. M+ that I use with Captor 16. I swap out cabs on my C.A.B. M+ all the time. The 1st thing I did when I got it was go through it and delete all the IRs for bass so that I could make more room for guitar IRs. There are only 30 something slots for cab sims on C.A.B. M+, but there is room for up to 99 presets. Presets are cab sims combined with whatever personal settings you use with them and then save in Remote or Wall of Sound. I use them to create the EXACT sound/tone I am going for in my head. Its amazing the different tones you can get by a tweak here and there. A little goes a LONG way when you're talking mics and mic position. The only restriction for a preset is that it be created using one of the 30+ cabs within my C.A.B. M+. It all starts with the cab sim, but can go anywhere from there.

Having my Captor 16 and C.A.B. M+ has opened up so many new doors and has been extremely inspirational for me. I have begun to even record what I am playing when I practice. Then I use my plugin with my recording to try new cabs and then tweak the cabs I like. Its kind of like my reward for practice. After playing for 22+ years, practicing isn't always something I want to do. There are times when I tell myself I don't need to practice. Thats just crazy, because when it comes to playing guitar, it all begins with the hands. They are the best "effect" I have as a guitarist. So this routine I've gotten into just gives me something to look forward to when I'm finished with my hour (half hour at the least) of practice for the day. Doing this also allows me a time to do one thing and a time to do the other. I have to separate them, because I have ADHD and I am OCD as can be, and if I allow myself to tweak whenever, I will end up with option paralysis and I would never play a thing for sitting there spending all my time trying to get a particular sound. It also helps me to keep things fairly minimal. After all, it the end its all about making music and actually playing guitar.

Last edited:
Hi Guys! Just wanted to say - on Friday the Tone Vault is no longer free and goes back on sale at normal price!
If you haven't grabbed it already - there is no time like the present! :)

No longer use it... Bought a Helix. Been using the IRs direct from Celestion and they are phenomenal. I get them from Line 6 Marketplace for the Helix, but they can be found for Helix or any other device at CelestionLite.com. I wish Eminence would share their offerings in IR format in a way like Celestion does it, as I am a HUGE Eminence fan. Their IR packs are more affordable, but they are only per speaker (I'm assuming based on strictly 1x12 cabs), whereas when you purchase a Celestion pack, you get 1x12s open and closed back, 2x12s open and closed back, and 4x12 closed back only, and you get many many different options for each as far as how the cabs are mic'd up. They sound amazing and they are easy af to use

Hi Guys! Just wanted to say - on Friday the Tone Vault is no longer free and goes back on sale at normal price!
If you haven't grabbed it already - there is no time like the present! :)
NNNOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... I've missed it... sigh...

Hi @hotguit,
So sorry you missed this! The good news is: we have EPIC deals running all the time on the Two notes site so please check-in periodically to level up your tone arsenal for less!

Back