1983 Gibson LEO Les Paul Standard

BRENTrocks

1983 LEO 59 RI….Assembled by master luthier James Weyandt, from ORIGINAL KALAMAZOO MADE BODY AND NECK FROM GIBSON.

Incredible lemon drop chevron flame top.

From Mr Weyandt….

“I was contacted 12 year ago by a customer who wanted me to assemble a Les Paul (body/neck) that he bought at the Gibson auction when they moved to Nashville. The guitar was a left over Leo reissue that included the neck, Indian rosewood fingerboard and body. The S/N was embossed on the edge of the control cavity just like the production run. I glued on the fingerboard and neck into body using hot hide glue. I also did the finish work (nitro finish), inked the S/N to the back of the headstock as well as the Les Paul Model silkscreen. The guitar weighs 8lbs 15oz.“

This is an awesome pre historic R9!

Currently has RED ROCK PAFs that sound amazing!!!

No cracks. No breaks.

$3900 plus shipping.

Thanks for looking!!!

THE LEO LP STORY…..

Leo’s Les Paul
Leo's Les Pauls, promoted as a “limited edition series” were made from approximately 1980 through 1985. Approximately 800 were made, with at least half going overseas. The Leo’s that were built in Kalamazoo, which have the eight digit serial number inside the control cavity like the Guitar Traders, are considered a bit more collectible, but production was shifted to Nashville in 1983, and the Leo’s from there are very nice guitars as well (Nashville-made Leo’s can be identified by small black side dot markers and no serial number in the control cavity). All had breathtaking flame tops, most in cherry sunburst although some were done in honeyburst and a gold top was available as well. The Kalamazoo-made Leo’s have large tortoiseshell side dot markers, a medium size one piece mahogany neck, P.A.F. reissue ½ white Shaw PAFs, and single collar Kluson style tuning gears with no writing on the back, and thin binding in the cutaway.

IMG_4743.jpeg
IMG_5118.jpeg
IMG_5119.jpeg
IMG_5120.jpeg
IMG_5121.jpeg
IMG_5122.jpeg
IMG_5123.jpeg
IMG_5126.jpeg
IMG_5127.jpeg
IMG_5125.jpeg

My GOD man! I have taxes to pay and you're over here posting stuff like that! I'm sure whoever got it will be very happy. That top is stunning!

Back