2018 Wizard KT-75. Clip

1meanplexi

Hi Crew.

So for those that are wondering.....yes! This is Reza's former amp. Unlike him, I take critique quit well :D !!!!! Anyway, nothing special here. I-phone, room volume (it was loud) no pre or post processing. Cab has a X pattern of Wizard 20 watt rock speakers and Fane F70's. Guitar is a Jackson V, bridge PUP Seymour JB. Gained out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08JPKQkIZ94

Sounds great to me. Would love to have a Wizard someday. Today is not that day however!

Sounds like it's set with an insane amount of gain but still sounds relatively articulate. I like the MCII much more than the mTL but love to try one of these sometime.

Yup! Cranked the gain and hit record on the phone. I owned an MC 1 and a 12 MTL. I loved both of those amps. Something about this one, Wizards are known for their kick you in gut delivery but this one really shines without loosing/ falling apart when you really give it. I am going to try KT120’s.

1meanplexi":32gprzg0 said:
Yup! Cranked the gain and hit record on the phone. I owned an MC 1 and a 12 MTL. I loved both of those amps. Something about this one, Wizards are known for their kick you in gut delivery but this one really shines without loosing/ falling apart when you really give it. I am going to try KT120’s.
Have you tried KT90s? If you like 88s but want more of an EL34 thing, try the 90s. They are like a ginormous EL34 tone. Just massive with better upper mids than the 88s/120s. I put a pair in a VHT D60 a couple yrs ago and it was awesome. I did get the OK from Fryette first though.

Racerxrated":2lwo8alp said:
1meanplexi":2lwo8alp said:
Have you tried KT90s? If you like 88s but want more of an EL34 thing, try the 90s. They are like a ginormous EL34 tone. Just massive with better upper mids than the 88s/120s. I put a pair in a VHT D60 a couple yrs ago and it was awesome. I did get the OK from Fryette first though.

Didn't know they existed, I would really like to try them. Did your Fryette accept either tube(s) 88' or 120's?

1meanplexi":iqx160fv said:
Racerxrated":iqx160fv said:
1meanplexi":iqx160fv said:

Didn't know they existed, I would really like to try them. Did your Fryette accept either tube(s) 88' or 120's?
Yep. Came with 88s, and after contacting Fryette they gave me the OK for either tube; 90s or 120s. Liked the 90s better since I am a big EL34 guy. But I like 6550s/88s too. One of my Marshalls has 34s, the other 6550s.

Racerxrated":3aoe7y32 said:
1meanplexi":3aoe7y32 said:
Racerxrated":3aoe7y32 said:
1meanplexi":3aoe7y32 said:

Yep. Came with 88s, and after contacting Fryette they gave me the OK for either tube; 90s or 120s. Liked the 90s better since I am a big EL34 guy. But I like 6550s/88s too. One of my Marshalls has 34s, the other 6550s.

Thanks for the suggestion on the 90's. Rick just back to me giving the green light to use them :rock:

1meanplexi":16hkpsnm said:

Cant wait to get mine on hands... i just happened to get a MC2 with an A transformer 2014 model off from a nice guy here... ! Please tell me what should i expect? I should be converting them to 240VAC british mains... i hit Rick recently and asked what fuse rating for the mains when converting to 240VAC and i was told to use 6A fuse isnt it overkill?

Back