MichaelR/T":3ax7ppqp said:
Monkey Man":3ax7ppqp said:
Dude, I'd be lucky if I could play 1 bar of any part of the song, so yeah, you rock big-time, bro'.

Ahh, you're way too kind my friend. :thumbsup:
The main melodies are worth learning. Lots of great ideas can develop from learning them.
Good call.

Maybe one day when I'm brave-enough. :scared:

Thanks for lookin' out for me, bro'. :thumbsup:

All I see is numbers dancing on the screen. I've never been able to read staves or tabs. I've tried staff-reading since age 6 or so and there's some sort of mental block. It's as if the magic of music will be lost if I ever figure it out, so I just go with the magic. I trust my ear so I'll be OK I guess.

It's weird 'cause my mom's the opposite - she scored 100% for sight-reading at the highest levels of classical piano, but can't write for shit, and I'm the polar opposite. :confused: Every examination board thought she'd pre-learned all the pieces she was confronted with 'cause they'd not seen this before. Like I said, polar-opposites.

That's a relief to hear, Michael.

Seriously man, I've always been OK at math (but not algebra), so thought it'd be easy, but I can't read for the life of me. Forgot which lines and spaces are which notes by the time I was 10, not that I knew them apart from memorising rhymes.

There's a pattern here:
Arithmetic (straight numbers) - OK
Patterns in music - OK

Algebra (abstracted numbers) - Pathetic
Music notation (abstracted numbers) - Pathetic

Seems only the real deal makes sense to me. The second an "abstraction layer" is inserted, my mind goes to mush. :LOL: :LOL:

Back