300 watt Power amp

When I tried to buy one a few years ago, he said that there were problems sourcing the transformers he used. That was COVID time, so maybe (hopefully) he got it sorted out.

Don't know if Demeter is having any better luck and it has gotten a slight bit better, but most transformers across the board are still in short supply

They are rare. And, when you see one you'll be lucky if its 1200...last one I saw was 2K.

Madness goes on and on
I sold my Strategy 400 to a board member from southern California on this forum for $1,400. They're out there if you look around on Craig's List, E-bay, and Reverb. Just have your cash together when you're ready to buy. If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way to get it.

I sold my Strategy 400 to a board member from southern California on this forum for $1,400. They're out there if you look around on Craig's List, E-bay, and Reverb. Just have your cash together when you're ready to buy. If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way to get it.
Nice advice, thanks!

If it only applied to 2c+s lol

I am wanting a 200-300 watt power amp. Anyone know of good ones? I haven't even googled yet. I am about to, but wanted to see if some gem popped up here.
there's a peavey alphabass on ebay for like 450. not 300 though. Get one of those big mesa rack bass amps. bass 400 or something. all tube soul crusher. puppies die when you turn those on. I assumed you wanted tube power amps and most people overlook the old rack mounted bass amps.

Rivera Hammer 320 - x2 160W

These fly under the radar but are super rare and insanely well built and loud.

1683777259146.jpeg

If you want a 300 watt tube power amp...I dunno.

But for SS power, through 2 4x12s... I've been very thrilled with my old Crown XLS 750. It will blast your ass out of the room. Fast, deep and loud.

Like your mom.
clean power is clean power. they have an xli 800 now. I may have to try this.

Back