3534 vs Shiva 20th KT88

I have a 3534 and I’m strongly considering adding a Shiva 20th to the pile. There’s no place near me that has the Shiva in stock, so I’m going on clips and educated opinions. What are the similarities and differences? Is it redundant to have both of these? I love my 3534 though I pretty much never use the red channel (mostly blue and sometimes green) and the hissing in the loop is annoying. Thoughts?

20th Shiva sounds bigger but also stiffer. Gain channel is quite agressive and more 'US' voicing than Ecstacy. Clean channel is amazing on every Shiva's version but gain channel isn't Bogner's best work. Too bottom-heavy on older and too agressive on 20th Anni.

20th Shiva sounds bigger but also stiffer. Gain channel is quite agressive and more 'US' voicing than Ecstacy. Clean channel is amazing on every Shiva's version but gain channel isn't Bogner's best work. Too bottom-heavy on older and too agressive on 20th Anni.
Thanks for the feedback. I had Shiva combo back in 2001, and the gain channel was a little tubby. But I also lived in an apartment back then and couldn’t really turn it up properly unless I was jamming with friends at the rehearsal space.

Trying to decide between buying a used 20th or biting the bullet and getting a new one… cause I’d have 30 days to decide if I like it.

Thanks for the feedback. I had Shiva combo back in 2001, and the gain channel was a little tubby. But I also lived in an apartment back then and couldn’t really turn it up properly unless I was jamming with friends at the rehearsal space.

Trying to decide between buying a used 20th or biting the bullet and getting a new one… cause I’d have 30 days to decide if I like it.
I'm thinking of selling my KT88 20th ......

I had the 3534 ......... sold it .... kept the Shiva

Attachments

• 20220910_174319.jpg
    20220910_174319.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 57
  • 20220910_174432.jpg
    20220910_174432.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 58
I'm thinking of selling my KT88 20th ......

I had the 3534 ......... sold it .... kept the Shiva
I’m probably gonna order a new one. Then I can return it if I don’t like it. Also if there’s any issues or damage during shipping I won’t be stuck with a busted amp.

0744905A-5A44-41F5-A239-95C4D271A00E.jpeg

Ok. I’ve compared them both today. The Shiva is staying and the 3435 is going. Mostly because the loop is quiet on the Shiva and I never use the Red channel on the 3534. Both deliver delicious cleans and crunch, but I’m feeling the Shiva more.

Congratulations. The 20th Shiva can is my main gigging amp. I turn the Excursion all the way down and the bass around 10:00 on the gain channel with the mids around 1:00 and the mid shift pushed “in”, and it’s classic and hard rock heaven in a bad. Really cuts. The B Vol solo boost is the best.

Pawing through the posts in this thread I kept quietly thinking "just keep the fkn 20thA Sheevs, trust me, just k e e p it".

*glad* 😆

Back