3rd Power Dragon feature set sounds promising

My buddy is selling a bunch of those triangular cabs with three 12’s that belonged to Lenny kravitz. Always thought a stack of those would be cool as shit.
I always liked the look of those triangle cabs, I recall reading about the theory behind their design, three-across looks like it would take more floor space than a standard 4x12

Johnny winter and Rick derringer used to each play through a triangular stack of 6 fender twins. Bet that would have been intense in a smaller venue.
Edit- 6 each. On each side of the stage..

Johnny winter and Rick derringer used to each play through a triangular stack of 6 fender twins. Bet that would have been intense in a smaller venue.
Edit- 6 each. On each side of the stage..

maxell tape ad 2.jpg

Designed a custom amp to play Van Halen and it’s got a new patented master volume for whisper volume playing. Anyone else see the hindsight? Eddie played loud…

I get it was new and challenging but it sounds like every other slightly gained Marshall to me. Just like slashes crazy expensive signature deal with magnatone, this amp just seemed like a 3rd power marketing grab involving a famous artist and the features and various wattages back it up.

3rd power makes great stuff but $6500 is a lot of money these days. Hard pass.

How is the HD100? I seen one at the local shop buried in the back behind other amps just sitting for years. I never bothered to try it...
It sounded AWESOME for hot marshall sounds, but im sure it doesn't do anything that their other amps don't do by now. If you go try it out but don't like it, get some pics and a price for me and the shops name. I may be interested.

Back