4x12 cab (Fatbottom) speaker replacement issues

CurlOfTheBurl

Hey fellas.

I've got a VHT FB412-P50E. I am trying to swap out the speakers, and I noticed a couple of issues.

1. A couple of the T-nuts have come out. I tried to get them back in through the other speaker holes but no joy. How the hell can I get the screws out so that I can remove the installed speaker?

2. I'm replacing the speakers with Fane F70's (Fryette branded). However I notice that the Fanes don't sit quite flush to the baffle, as if they have a slightly greater diameter than the Eminence speakers. I've tightened the screws but I can still feel a slight gap between the speaker frame and the baffle itself. Is this expected/normal or do the speaker cutouts need to be slightly widened?

it requires allan keys... those screw are allan key typed.... ouch the Fanes are not direct fit for P50es this is the second time i came across... you probably need to get other speakers or if ya really good at wood work?

I've been using an Allen key for the original screw. Found that the original screws' heads are too narrow for the Fanes also, so had to get wider head screws. Got the correct thread though for the T-nuts.

I also emailed Fryette support about this several weeks ago and they have not responded. I'll send a follow up I guess.

FWIW the two Fanes I could install sound pretty damned good.

I've been using an Allen key for the original screw. Found that the original screws' heads are too narrow for the Fanes also, so had to get wider head screws. Got the correct thread though for the T-nuts.

I also emailed Fryette support about this several weeks ago and they have not responded. I'll send a follow up I guess.

FWIW the two Fanes I could install sound pretty damned good.
Yeah... Many good reviews on their new speakers... Fanes... I been on a speaker hunt too... I need something tight like p50es and flat eq... With very clean fizzyless tone.... Any good recommendation?

Back