50W or 100W MTL MkII?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23705
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23705

I keep going back and forth on this and it's bugging me. Is there anything lacking on the 50W for those that own them?

I currently have a 100W Modern Classic II and it's great, but in my band situation I feel like it's almost too much. Had the master barely over 2 on both channels at practice. Any more and it would overpower the mix.

I realize the wattage has more to do with headroom than volume. Since the MTL has more low end, I'm wondering if I would benefit from also getting the 100W version for the higher headroom? But again, I'm not cranking these amps. Our current drummer doesn't play very loud.

I have a 40W Bad Cat Lynx X as well. Different amp, but I feel like it's just right for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The newer amps have a much better taper on the master. MTL does not have more low end per say. Just different.

They're still essentially the same amp and close in volume, personally the 200 sounds interesting.
That's the same answer I got from Rick. I'm going to save myself from carrying the 12 extra pounds and get the 50W version.

Back