50W PWE Event Horizon on the way!

Variable

Any PWE love here? :thumbsup:

Edit: changed the title since I guess the EH2 is going to be new compared to the original EH? Am I wrong? Seems there is a lot of fuzzy info about PWE amps these days...

I have been GASing for one for some time now.

Let me know how it goes! I love the smooth yet aggressive tone of EHs.

I had one "on the way" a few weeks ago (sort of). Rig-talker contacted me about trading his EH3 for my Engl Powerball 2. Wanted to sit on the deal for a week because of a gig he had coming-up. I agreed. He ended-up pulling-out of the deal after the week and keeping his amp. Learned my lesson about verbal deals with wait times. Was kind of bummed as I've always wanted to try a PWE. :aww:

I was looking for a EH3 from fat sound few weeks ago (the silver one $1900), but E-mailed them 3 times without any response, finally went into Diezel family~

PWE Event Horizon 3 here. Straight up a bad ass amp!

28da6655.jpg

I also heard from one of Ted's friends that Fat Sounds was in trouble and that they owed Ted quite a bit of money. It's a shame really...
I hope whoever has gone through Fat Sounds to get products from Ted have received what they paid for.

Otherwise, question to the OP Variable. Did you grab it used from someone or did you order it directly from Ted? He has the EH3 fully described on his website, the EH2's page has yet to be completed.

The EH3 is a the top of my list should I ever want to get back into the tube amp world. Until then my AxeFX II is keeping me satisfied. I wouldn't be surprised if Cliff eventually manages to get his hands on one to model for the AxeFX.

Wow, I just found out the long awaited PWE website is up again~

I have no idea whats going on between them, I got the cash ready to purchase that Silver EH3 from Fatsound, I Wrote E-mail to them asking about International shipping (I live in Taiwan) and Paypal etc, but next day when I checked their Web, the PWE name is disappeared, I E-mail them again and also wrote to PWE, they just told me Fatsound is no longer the dealer..

Sure its a great and unique amp, maybe will get one one day~

http://fatsoundguitars.com/store/amps/pwe-amplification/pwe-amps.php
They still have 2 available now

Avenyr":3oibrxsk said:
I also heard from one of Ted's friends that Fat Sounds was in trouble and that they owed Ted quite a bit of money. It's a shame really...
I hope whoever has gone through Fat Sounds to get products from Ted have received what they paid for.

Otherwise, question to the OP Variable. Did you grab it used from someone or did you order it directly from Ted? He has the EH3 fully described on his website, the EH2's page has yet to be completed.

The EH3 is a the top of my list should I ever want to get back into the tube amp world. Until then my AxeFX II is keeping me satisfied. I wouldn't be surprised if Cliff eventually manages to get his hands on one to model for the AxeFX.

I bought it used on eBay. I just assumed that it would be an EH2 since it's the two channel version, but I understand it was always just Event Horizon before the EH3 came out, and I made a bad ASSumption :)

Back