5150iii Channel Three vs ENGL vs Diezel

cnote

Does any think the 5015 100 watter or 50 watter channel three can do the tight dry brutal thing as well as an ENGL or Diezel?

I see people say how it is awesome for that, but really, as good or better than ENGL or Diezel in anyone's opinion?

I cant speak on the diezel but the engl ,yes to my ears its everybit as brutal and tight,dry? no, just different you want tight and dry go vht

The Red channel on the 5150 III 100 watter is dry sounding and tight, just not AS dry and tight as a VHT. The EVH is more forgiving, but still very heavy.

I still think the 5150 III is one of the most brutal amp with a 7 or 8 string guitar. This amp, channel 3, gain anywhere above 12:00 and master volume anywhere above 11:00 is insane. Of course, coupled with the 5150 III 4x12 cab.

When I played the III, I thought it had more in common with an Uber (but tighter and not as messy) and some Soldano flavor. Also could pass it off as a much meaner XTC.
I think it's very different than Engl or Diezel but it's a GREAT tone and can be very pummeling for the metalz.

Back