73' Marshall Bray's Panther mod YJM Strat/ESP EMG81

Echoes

Amp: 73 Marshall 100 watt Superlead with Bray's Panther Mod into a Metropolous 4x12 pinstripe Marshall clone cab with Tone Tubby and Heritage Celestion 20 watters in an x-pattern.

Here's a clip I did Saturday night. The rhythm guitar is a YJM strat into a Fulltone TTE into front of the amp. The solo is a late 80's ESP Japanese Custom Shop Horizon guitar with EMG81 pickups...I have the amp set for moderate gain (for the gain that is available that is) and I kick in an MXR Phase 90 about 1/2 way in and a Budda wah a little later in the solo...

Just a groovy improv clams n all...

http://www.stgermainfreechurch.com/jim/SevenSeas.mp3

riffy":63127 said:
Jim,
Sounds GREAT to me!
Very cool playing too!

Gary

thanks Rif...listening to it on my work computer speakers the solo is distorting the mics...I don't think I adjusted the mic pre's for the hotter EMG pickups when I switched guitars...oh well...I didn't take alot of time and I definitely didn't polish it...

Why are you posting this here when all you do is bad mouth this place and the age of some of the guys that freequent this site on on Mike V's forum?

Gainfreak":804b5 said:
Why are you posting this here when all you do is bad mouth this place and the age of some of the guys that freequent this site on on Mike V's forum?

DAMN!!!!! I knew that he was buddies with those guys, but I didn't know it went that far. What a freakin' attention whore/loser!

AmpliFIRE":917fb said:
Gainfreak":917fb said:

DAMN!!!!! I knew that he was buddies with those guys, but I didn't know it went that far. What a freakin' attention whore/loser!

From Mike V's forum:

Echoes":917fb said:
don't know about those RT guys...you know them better than I do. Rig-Talk is more of a 'buddy club' a collection of guys in their 20-30s that pat each other on the back for making bad gear decisions and posting 20 second clip blurbs. They pass around $4000 top of the line amps and wonder why it doesn't 'work for them'...I'm too old for their act...they aren't interested in a mature experienced opinion (as you well know).

Echoes":917fb said:
there are a few cool guys over there..it seems there are alot of kids from HC and alot of metalheads...I just cant get into the cookie monster drop down to 'C' chugga chugga crap and that's about 95% of the guys there. I respect Kage, JB, 70strathead, 63 strat and a few other guys I cant remember right now...they have some decent info and experience with gear.

[No message]

Attachments

• popcorn[1].gif
    popcorn[1].gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 2,404

Nah, no popcorn needed. I have been getting a ton of e-mails from people about Carl Bad mouthing me,Kage, Ed degenaro and a few other on Mikes Site. When I went to the site just to see what was up, I saw that Echoes had a few things to say about this place.

I personally think that Echoes misjudged a lot of the guys on here but I was wondering why he would post here if he isn't happy with the people who post here.

I also think that he should grow some fucking balls and tell people what he really thinks of this site and certain people instead of posting on Mikes board.

Saying that 95% of the people here are into drop C, chugga chugga is such a stupid sweeping generalization. But yeah, if someone feels that way and they hate that stuff, why bother post here?

Gainfreak":224f2 said:

Nah, no popcorn needed. I have been getting a ton of e-mails from people about Carl Bad mouthing me,Kage, Ed degenaro and a few other on Mikes Site. When I went to the site just to see what was up, I saw that Echoes had a few things to say about this place.

I personally think that Echoes misjudged a lot of the guys on here but I was wondering why he would post here if he isn't happy with the people who post here.

I also think that he should grow some fucking balls and tell people what he really thinks of this site and certain people instead of posting on Mikes board.

Just tryin' to be funny.
IMO, (learning the hard way) if you don't want to get nailed for talkin' smack, then that's what PM is for.....

danyeo":394fc said:
Saying that 95% of the people here are into drop C, chugga chugga is such a stupid sweeping generalization. But yeah, if someone feels that way and they hate that stuff, why bother post here?

still means 5% of you guys are all right...

Gainfreak":33cdb said:

I post in a number of places...I want opinions from other players...even drop 'C' chuga chuga guys. Last I looked this is an amp forum....but, I could be wrong about that.

Echoes":509bf said:
Gainfreak":509bf said:

I post in a number of places...I want opinions from other players...even drop 'C' chuga chuga guys. Last I looked this is an amp forum....but, I could be wrong about that.

So you are looking for back slapping from guys you do not like or respect?

Gainfreak":b002e said:

see, its stuff like this that shows you are a bigger instigator than Mike or Carl...I have never had a problem speaking my mind or giving my opinion. You read my post on Mikes board...so what? only thing you have to wonder is if you are a member of the 95% or 5%...and by your actions it's rather clear....or do you suppose yourself some kind of 'Rig-Talk Champion' that speaks for the whole forum? Meh....

Echoes":d6312 said:
Gainfreak":d6312 said:

Fair enough.. but why not be clear and tell people what you really think about this site instead of posting horseshit on another?. See... I have the balls to tell you that I think that you are the King of misinterpreting people. Had you taken the time to get to know some of the guys here, you would have realized that you have more in common with most of the guys here. More then you think.

Whatever. I said what I had to say but I'll go on record that I think that you are a bit two faced but to each there own.

Echoes":67ba6 said:
danyeo":67ba6 said:

still means 5% of you guys are all right...

Not really since 95% of the people that post here are into everything from Hendrix to Metallica to Led Zep to George Lynch to Floyd etc.

Back