A battle of the Larrys

But I then rejected the idea of suing Mike Fortin because he has already been punished enough due to his obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes and impotence - I don't need to add another 😄

Such a NATAS is now completely uninteresting to me because I have now granted amnesty to Mike Fortin, who suffers severely from obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes and impotence, and therefore no longer intend to take him to court.
He has already been punished enough with the above-mentioned sufferings, so I don't need to add any more 😊

Ah, the early stages of Alzheimer's have begun to show.

Such a NATAS is now completely uninteresting to me because I have now granted amnesty to Mike Fortin, who suffers severely from obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes and impotence, and therefore no longer intend to take him to court.
He has already been punished enough with the above-mentioned sufferings, so I don't need to add any more 😊
So Fortin’s worthy of your mercy, but Steve K’s widow isn’t?

....Edit: To be clear, grooming shit is disgusting. The joke was hilarious though

I'm a firm believer than anything can be funny if you say it the right way, even rape:

A woman runs into a police station shouting, "Help! I was graped! I was graped!"
The Policeman at the front desk says, "Miss, don't you mean raped?"
The woman replies, "No, there was a bunch of them!"

I'm a firm believer than anything can be funny if you say it the right way, even rape:

A woman runs into a police station shouting, "Help! I was graped! I was graped!"
The Policeman at the front desk says, "Mam, don't you mean raped?"
The woman replies, "No, there was a bunch of them!"
Referring to windowless vans as “rape vans” is hilarious.

Back on topic.

Both amps sound good and I'm saying Thanks, again, to the OP for doing it and posting it. :yes:

That said, they are not good enough to warrant the hassle with this clown*. Plenty of great options out there from reputable builders. Builders who care about their reputations, and actually give a shit. Too bad the builder of these amps (novosibir, H. Helmut Grohmann, aka "Larry"), has to rub salt in the wound every time a thread is created regarding one of his 'children'. Respectful businessmen take the high road in these situations. Helmut never learned how to do that. So he resorts to threatening law suits and insulting members of our community, and evidently, Steve K's widow as well. :(

The lowest of lows. At least Mark Cameron or Mike Fortin didn't argue with people online. Good riddance. 🖕

*No offence to any of my friends on here that have one or have one on order - I hope you get your amp and enjoy it.

Rape jokes, Nazi jokes, fecal humour… it’s all here in your Larry amp threads.

Someone please explain to me again why Howard Dumble was such a recluse? I mean, he was obviously a weirdo for not wanting these types of great PR threads!

Larry I sincerely admire your wiring and knowledge. Works of art. But in all honesty, are you currently soldering anything for customers?

Crystal lattice is a hell of a drug
I'll say :LOL:

yOgs9To.jpg

Ahhh, another thoroughly enjoyable Larry thread.

Question: Are there any clips of these amps doing anything modern sounding? I'm honestly more impressed with the playing in most clips I've heard of a Dino and I feel like those players would make anything sound good for that 80s metal type sound... Could be a Bugera 800 clone with a Behringer boost in front and it'd sound great for that sound. I want to hear some downtuned, heavy chugging 😭 :LOL:
Jesus this thread absolutely delivers the goods.

But on a serious note, I would second this. Let's get some Larry clips with some brutal/modern tones.

Listen to Dan Travis clips, I do believe he has covered this
Not very low tuned and it's more thrashy than modern but WOW. Say what you want about Larry but that is one special amplifier. Good lord I jizzed myself listening to that.

By the way. I can 200% hear the Larry DNA all over the Cali from this clip and I have no doubt Fortin stole and revamped Larry's schematics.

Not very low tuned and it's more thrashy than modern but WOW. Say what you want about Larry but that is one special amplifier. Good lord I jizzed myself listening to that.

By the way. I can 200% hear the Larry DNA all over the Cali from this clip and I have no doubt Fortin stole and revamped Larry's schematics.

I... don't like that tone at all :LOL:

I'm starting to think Larry is financially challenged. Can't cover the meager cost for an out of pocket repeat customer while the cost of self-inflicted reputational damage is compounding interest daily. Anyone with his purported level of intelligence wouldn't do that.

Back