A battle of the Larrys

Que Larry to accuse Jeremy of steeling his designs.........
I trusted Jeremy with a mostly complete schematic of my Enmity. I trust him not to use/steal from it and he trusts me as well. Jeremy has his own successful ways of doing things differently. There’s tricks we’ve discussed on both ends. He’s class act and great at what he does and doesn’t need Larry’s tonal designs.

Much prefer the more aggressive and bigger sounding 822. Super aggressive sounding amps - way more than CCVs using diode clipping which is nuts. Larry’s amps are works of art too which is even better.

If I could own an 822 I would. I just feel my mark iii++ scratches the heavies itch if my Bogner XTC boosted can’t do it. My enmity is more of a soloist amp that feels great under the fingers and wasn’t built to be super tight or aggressive, just well balanced.

I trusted Jeremy with a mostly complete schematic of my Enmity. I trust him not to use/steal from it and he trusts me as well. Jeremy has his own successful ways of doing things differently. There’s tricks we’ve discussed on both ends. He’s class act and great at what he does and doesn’t need Larry’s tonal designs.
I wasn't and would not insinuate that he would. Larry claiming that he did however is another story.

I wasn't and would not insinuate that he would. Larry claiming that he did however is another story.
Honestly I don’t blame Larry for the way he acts but I do wish he’d go through with some legal protection if it matters that much to him. I get that it takes a lot of time and tuning to get amps to work and sound good for musicians, but let’s face it various amps exist now and people have more options than ever before. It’s going to get harder to sell an amp for insane costs based on tone alone - the build quality and ease of repair must also be accounted for.

I don’t have to listen to know. I did however because I like to listen to the RTer’s play and it sounds great @RedPlated. There is something about The Larry that I cannot reproduce on any amp that I own. I do not have a Hermansson so I cannot speak to that amp-but one day. Maybe some folks can recreate the Larry boutique amp sound with infinite tweaking of this or that pedal etc… and maybe one day the secret flavor will be revealed. Who knows maybe Larry is a Sith Lord and knows the secrets of the Dark Side. I don’t care. This ampIifier needs nothing; it’s so easy to dial in and if mine died or was stolen I would cry then I would go get another. It’s the “Dumble” of high gain which can do way more than high gain- mine gets any sound from 1950s-2020s.
“Oh, Billy Baroo”
I get your Larry someday

I don’t have to listen to know. I did however because I like to listen to the RTer’s play and it sounds great @RedPlated. There is something about The Larry that I cannot reproduce on any amp that I own. I do not have a Hermansson so I cannot speak to that amp-but one day. Maybe some folks can recreate the Larry boutique amp sound with infinite tweaking of this or that pedal etc… and maybe one day the secret flavor will be revealed. Who knows maybe Larry is a Sith Lord and knows the secrets of the Dark Side. I don’t care. This ampIifier needs nothing; it’s so easy to dial in and if mine died or was stolen I would cry then I would go get another. It’s the “Dumble” of high gain which can do way more than high gain- mine gets any sound from 1950s-2020s.
“Oh, Billy Baroo”
I
“Oh, Billy Baroo”
I can’t wait till Aug /Sep when my Larry PMM comes . Then I’ll say my Larry is better then your Larry ! lol jk but it will be the king of all men amps

Back