A.I./Fagbook almost got my bank account. ALMOST

John4021

So somewhere up popped a convincing video of Steve Vai stating(0n fagbook) he and others are working with Sweetwater
to give away 500 Les Paul Standards. All you do is enter to see if you made the give a way. Which ended today... :LOL:
Just pay a 9 dollar shipping fee.

Of course, I was the last of 16 and won a Les Paul.
Started to read the fine print (they ask for a Credit card to cover shipping)
There was crazy fee;s and other bullshit that tells me they would have drained my account.

Passed the info onto my buddy who is "tuned in on all things A,I,
He told me it was a big scam.
Anyone else see this?

Looks like someone posted it on YouTube:

I think I read about this one and have heard of others, giveaways, phone calls from IRS, famous people, or even family. Definitely for giveaways if the retailer site or the artist site(s) aren't promoting it directly, they're scams. The final details don't seem to be too different, stealing your credit card/bank account/personal info, but the outreach is going to be much broader and there will be more of them. Eventually these types of scams will become more sophisticated. At least for this one doesn't make much sense that Vai would partner with Sweetwater to give away Gibsons of all things.

i didn't think anyone would fall for those scams. i see them on facebook all the time. i just report them.

So somewhere up popped a convincing video of Steve Vai stating(0n fagbook) he and others are working with Sweetwater
to give away 500 Les Paul Standards. All you do is enter to see if you made the give a way. Which ended today... :LOL:

There was crazy fee;s and other bullshit that tells me they would have drained my account.

Anyone else see this?

Yeah. I knew it was AI when:

1) The AI Vai was promoting a giveaway of Gibson products. Steve endorses Ibanez, so he wouldn't do that.
2) The AI Vai was saying these giveaways were happening because of damaged packaging, which is pure BS.
3) Because of the payment scam asking for my credit card.

wow I saw that too, I thought it was legit!! But then I thought well I’ll never play it and decided not to enter lol

Anyone else see this?
👍. Fuck Facebook.

Anyone else see this?
I've seen it. There's a lot of those scams on Farcebook.

i didn't think anyone would fall for those scams. i see them on facebook all the time. i just report them.

Don't kid yourself. There are millions and millions of non-technical people who will stampede off whatever cliff these AI videos would tell them to as long as it's a faked celebrity doing the telling.

I just saw a demo of a deep fake voice call, impersonating a help desk manager, telling people there'd been a breach and that they needed to log in and reset their password using the corresponding link that was texted to them. It sounded exactly like her, and made convincing reference to several aspects of the company. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

They're getting smarter every day.

I almost got duped out of $50 about a month ago by a scam ad, with a link to a duplicate website.

With Sweetwater kissing every big-name artist ass's ,who was I to question Steve Vai pimping Gibson.
He always seemed like a Zen type dude that one could have a pot of tea with.

My Saviour was being smart enough to read the fine print and asking a buddy who is connected in the worldwide net. (more so than I am)

" DUDE, you didn't give them your credit card did you"?
:LOL:

I just saw a demo of a deep fake voice call, impersonating a help desk manager, telling people there'd been a breach and that they needed to log in and reset their password using the corresponding link that was texted to them. It sounded exactly like her, and made convincing reference to several aspects of the company. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
That's a worry IMHO bro'.

If consumers can't trust "customer support", well...

Wow ,,
Did not know this .
Thanks for the heads up . This is becoming very rough territory to navigate . Teach your children .

Back