A lot noise on three channels, not preamp valves (Help)

jemmx

Hi,

anyone pass for this?

I changed all preamp valves and the noise still there on the channels.

The noise grow when up the volume, the guitar sound I think not change but too much interference.

In barcelona can't find someone qualified to repair.

I bought used year + ago, but the shops here dont be responsible in this situation.

Sugestions?

Thank you.

What amp, what tubes, what settings, what kind of noise? A lot has been said on this topic so the search button could be a benefit for you on this topic here on the forum. :thumbsup:

Hi duolos,

amp is Herbert original, with el34.

I already search but no answer, most case talk about tubes but I replaced all, and the problem continue.

Describe noise is complicated is like amplified electricity noise ... I check it in different rooms and nothing, the sound still there.

:aww:

jemmx":1ggs147h said:
Hi duolos,

amp is Herbert original, with el34.

I already search but no answer, most case talk about tubes but I replaced all, and the problem continue.

Describe noise is complicated is like amplified electricity noise ... I check it in different rooms and nothing, the sound still there.

:aww:

Do you have any type of noise gate? Those types of things usually take care of white noise or the hiss in an amp. If a gate doesn't help the noise then we know it is something else that needs to be addressed.

Peter told me ¨maybe a bad humtrimmer¨ but I dont know what is that.

I have a decimator, but I do test with all connected and only the amp.

The problem come out was used with palmer for record, remember a some burn smell, but the sound is good but with a plus noise is a big noise, no like a white noise, hum, or similar.

This night check again all the circuit for a bad condenser or similar, only visual I can.

I have a mp3 with the noise that describe, later upload this sound for us, maybe can help :scared:

Thanks.

Hi duesentrieb,

well I tested.

Results: clean sound, feels a little electricity in my fingers when press standby, I suppose is normal.

Noise: Exist but I ear very soft in comparison.

Thanks.

Get amp ot of the headshell, put it onto two books (watch out for the powertubes), pots acing you.
The hum trimmer is on the right side of the board.

Amp off and unhooked from mains of course . . .

bottom of the pic, the white trimmer above the black horizontal cap . . .

just turn it a little bit (5°), that should solve the issue

Attachments

• herb.jpg
    herb.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 490
well I do and have better result, the noise is more soft now, but still there.

I rotate de arrow exactly to the middle position in clock wise direction, at 6hr, looking at me.

The name in motherboard describe this control like Hum Balance.

Is possible kill completely this sound?

I appreciate so much your time!! :yes:

I testing more time, but the noise grow when put the level up, isn't playable when I close to the amp. :no:

I changed again the instruments, but is not the problem.

No big differences at all, for recording is a problem.

Don´t check the bias because need a dispositive right? you can recommend me one?

Thanks.

well I bought this digital multimeter, but dont have idea :confused:

Can give me support with this?

Values, mode, cables, conections...

Thanks a lot!!!
3390678830_a784776cd0.jpg

Back