AC contractors pls chime in

70 Mach 1

I know location makes a difference.
Im on long Island

Just got quoted 26,000 to replace 2 Central AC units.
Carrier 16 seer
two 3 ton outside
Two 3.5 ton handlers
2 new stats
2 new grills

Can use existing electric.
Walk up attic.

Whats an average price in this shit ass biden economy

Im on long Island

Carrier 16 seer
two 3 ton outside
Two 3.5 ton handlers
2 new stats
2 new grills

Walk up attic.

Seems high to me, but the cost of living on Long Island is a hell of a lot more than it is here.

Im on long Island

Carrier 16 seer
two 3 ton outside
Two 3.5 ton handlers
2 new stats
2 new grills

Walk up attic.

that's crazy. Get them yourself and then pay someone to fill and check. Is it a different refrigerant? 410a? r22? the new stuff?

here's my problem...I have r22 units...I'm on my 4th or 5th ac unit and my kids just blew up so they need another. All you can get is old/used units. I'm going to do another system but I'm going to go with the new stuff. Fuck r22 and 410. For myself-I'm not installing something that has been phased out. Just sick of it. Hell-r22 is insanely high and the same will happen with 410 I assume. Ask Dan-he's an hvac dude.

He rage quit again :rolleyes:
giphy.gif

He rage quit again :rolleyes:

yall need to get some lives lol. I haven't posted much in a few days and it's rage quitting? that usually entails rage and quitting. Or is that just another phrase you guys willingly use incorrectly?

anyways, yea 410 and 404 are being phased out. it is still being produced and still being used, but production of it is getting cut back and prices of it will rise quite a bit. R454 and R32 are the "replacements" for them but I'm sure those will be "phased out" in due time as well though. Supply houses regularly have "sales" on refrigerants and that's when I stock up, but to the average consumer that can't purchase them, it doesn't mean shit, so they are at the mercy of their service guys unfortunately.
basically what i'm saying is it all sucks so it doesn't really matter. there will probably never be anything that isn't in danger of being phased out during the lifetime of your unit, so just go with whatever contractor seems least shady to you

Last edited:
Supply houses regularly have "sales" on refrigerants and that's when I stock up, but to the average consumer that can't purchase them, so they are at the mercy of their service guys unfortunately.
Yeah, that's 100% bullshit..

:ROFLMAO:

Check that little checkbox on the site, and they'll ship the refrigerant right to you.

yall need to get some lives lol. I haven't posted much in a few days and it's rage quitting? that usually entails rage and quitting. Or is that just another phrase you guys willingly use incorrectly?

anyways, yea 410 and 404 are being phased out. it is still being produced and still being used, but production of it is getting cut back and prices of it will rise quite a bit. R454 and R32 are the "replacements" for them but I'm sure those will be "phased out" in due time as well though. Supply houses regularly have "sales" on refrigerants and that's when I stock up, but to the average consumer that can't purchase them, so they are at the mercy of their service guys unfortunately.
basically what i'm saying is it all sucks so it doesn't really matter. there will probably never be anything that isn't in danger of being phased out during the lifetime of your unit, so just go with whatever contractor seems least shady to you
welcome back :)

so what can i expect to pay for this bullshit?
5 yrs ago i was quoted $7000 per unit installed. double that now?
fuck that. Im off to PC Richards and buy five 8k BTU window units for $299 each and be done with it lol

finally me and Mrs 70 landed on the same page and shes all for it and not pushing back

that usually entails rage and quitting. Or is that just another phrase you guys willingly use incorrectly?
🤔
Right on time.
Anyways, it’s been a fun walk down memory lane, yall are special I’ll give ya that. but I’m gonna go back to treating this section of the forum like a slutty ex that lets you do buttstuff when she’s drunk, and only check in on ya when I’m bored enough.
Cheers fuckbois

welcome back :)

so what can i expect to pay for this bullshit?
5 yrs ago i was quoted $7000 per unit installed. double that now?
fuck that. Im off to PC Richards and buy five 8k BTU window units for $299 each and be done with it lol

finally me and Mrs 70 landed on the same page and shes all for it and not pushing back

I can’t help ya with pricing unfortunately. I don't give quotes, I just sign off on shit. but if $26k is the soup to nuts price meaning you'll have cool air blowing when they leave, then I don't think it's egregious at all.

Back