AC contractors pls chime in

16oz cans?
giphy.gif

I can’t help ya with pricing unfortunately. I don't give quotes, I just sign off on shit. but if $26k is the soup to nuts price meaning you'll have cool air blowing when they leave, then I don't think it's egregious at all.
i was thinking I can buy the shit my self. I priced the same crap at $7K each
then prop it up. connect the ducts and electric and have someone come by on the side at night to sweat the joints and charge it

It’s within reason.

At least once a day I’m approving an AC replacement, while the tonnage is at play, the labor is generally where you’ll see the biggest differences in costs. I just signed off on a 5-ton at $11K this week, but signed off on a 3.5-ton at $13k last week, the difference is in the air handler location and the bitch of a time they’re going to have getting the old AHU out of the fucking ceiling that has multiple conduits and PVC pipes running along side it.

It’s harder these days to get a free quote but you could always try calling some the other vendors and price shopping a bit, or at the very least, ask what the hourly labor is from the company that already quoted you and then ask around other vendors what their rates are. You might be able to shake a couple grand out of that price, depends on how much effort you want to put into it.

And….hehe…..this is just over 500lbs of R22 I got stashed away.

IMG_6311.jpeg

Our secondary chiller sprung a leak at a valve, they no longer make the valve so that fucker is DEAD. I don’t think I’ve ever seen people get sweaty over freon before, but that shit was over $300 a pound when they came to evacuate it. I don’t even want to know what it’s looking like now.

then prop it up. connect the ducts and electric and have someone come by on the side at night to sweat the joints and charge it

I’m curious to hear if this works out. Every supplier I use requires a CAC# to even sign up to their website, never mind actually ordering anything.

FWIW, if you know a contractor they’ll generally allow you to use their GC license and/or CAC# for shit like this.

I’m curious to hear if this works out. Every supplier I use requires a CAC# to even sign up to their website, never mind actually ordering anything.

FWIW, if you know a contractor they’ll generally allow you to use their GC license and/or CAC# for shit like this.
The site I order from is in AZ (don't recall the name).

My buddy runs Martinez Air here in SATX area, and he takes care of my R-410 stuff.

🥶

will you be using the same refrigerant type? if you do it yourself just make sure same lines can be used.

It’s within reason.

At least once a day I’m approving an AC replacement, while the tonnage is at play, the labor is generally where you’ll see the biggest differences in costs. I just signed off on a 5-ton at $11K this week, but signed off on a 3.5-ton at $13k last week, the difference is in the air handler location and the bitch of a time they’re going to have getting the old AHU out of the fucking ceiling that has multiple conduits and PVC pipes running along side it.

It’s harder these days to get a free quote but you could always try calling some the other vendors and price shopping a bit, or at the very least, ask what the hourly labor is from the company that already quoted you and then ask around other vendors what their rates are. You might be able to shake a couple grand out of that price, depends on how much effort you want to put into it.

And….hehe…..this is just over 500lbs of R22 I got stashed away.

View attachment 304707

Our secondary chiller sprung a leak at a valve, they no longer make the valve so that fucker is DEAD. I don’t think I’ve ever seen people get sweaty over freon before, but that shit was over $300 a pound when they came to evacuate it. I don’t even want to know what it’s looking like now.
just looked here. Im not sure what the fuck EPA shit theyd require but i guess your right.
i didnt look that far into it
https://www.supplyhouse.com/HVAC-Equipment-1686000

this is where i get all my basic plumbing bullshit from

but any way. its no big sweat literally. I will do 5 window units if need be.
electric is already set up for separate 110 lines in each room..

Back