Adam Jones Les Paul Standard - $2999

It looks way too close to the limited edition silverburst standard I already have

FB_IMG_1646080072357.jpg

Last edited:
Except yours has the cooler logo on the headstock in place of the les paul script.

Yes, plus I like the edge-burst look better, personally.

I know that isn't gonna be popular with some, but I'm not even a big Adam Jones fan so it wasn't about wanting one like his.

not a custom, stupid
Yeah sort of weird to go with the Standard name. They kept the ebony board of the Custom, but opted for the mahogany neck like the Standard or current Custom instead of a maple neck like his Customs have. It's not really like a Standard as far as that goes, but it's not really like his Custom either lol. I'm sure it'll be a killer guitar and I'm totally nitpicking, but I agree that they made some unusual choices all around. It won't hurt their sales though lol.

Last edited:
Yeah sort of weird to go with the Standard name. They kept the ebony board of the Custom, but opted for the mahogany neck like the Standard or current Custom instead of a maple neck like his Customs have. It's not really like a Standard as far as that goes, but it's not really like his Custom either lol. I'm sure it'll be a killer guitar and I'm totally nitpicking, but I agree that they made some unusual choices all around. It won't hurt their sales though lol.
There were some available that sold out pretty quick. Priming the pre-orders.
A standard with ebony board in silverburst (antique, meh), with decent pots/caps for not much upcharge is kinda cool.
At least it's not another Slash model. :)
Still waiting to see the Mustaine Vs in the shops.

Of course they didn't go with a Custom. Then they'd have to charge like $11,000 for it because... Gibson.

edit: wow, so I just checked Gibson's site and the Custom sig version is $10,000, a single $1k away from my "absurd, no way they would really charge that" joke price. I need to stop underestimating their abject greed.

Last edited:
Love Adam, love TooL. Silverburst used to be my favorite LPC finish. Have owned a couple but since the whole signature line and all the insane pricing it has become a total turnoff to me.

Maybe I'm not Les Paul aficionado enough but can someone point out the
"Carved heel"?

And what the hell does " primed to unleash a parabola of high-octane" mean.
Is that a medical term for drippy dick?

I think "parabola" is in reference to the song by the only band named after their target audience, lol

I just (Tool) got that (Tool) :LOL:

I keed, I keed

They aren't THAT bad, but as someone in their mid-thirties, I've heard every single tool song thousands of times - not by choice.

Especially in the early 00s they were so ubiquitous at house parties and in people's cars that it became maddening.

Back