Adan Jones signature Boogie??

Unde
I’m just curious if it’s a Rev F or Rev G
Undertow came out in ‘93 but don’t know if he did the blend on that record or if was just for live after. If on the record, might have been a fairly early model, if he’d had it a while. I thought the talk was Gibson would reissue an F. Are they pivoting this into a sig model?

Unde

Undertow came out in ‘93 but don’t know if he did the blend on that record or if was just for live after. If on the record, might have been a fairly early model, if he’d had it a while. I thought the talk was Gibson would reissue an F. Are they pivoting this into an sig model?
Pretty certain Sylvia has said there’s a dual on that record with the marshall

Adam-Jones-Tool-Credit-Tim-Mosenfelder-Getty-Images@2000x1500.jpg

Considering current pricing on Boogie, which is batshit crazy, I imagine a reissue 2 channel will be mid, upper 2K’s. The OG G’s having been a $8-900 used amp, pre-Covid for probably 20 years, I just can’t get with the current pricing at all. It’s not inflation, it’s sheer greed. Does anyone look at a new 3 channel and think, yeah, that’s a 3000, plus tax amp?

Last edited:
I've never understood signature amps when guys play generally stock versions of regular models people can already buy? And I'm in marketing as a career 😂 Obviously a $ grab.

Jones has great tone but there's nothing secret or rare going on there in terms of amps

I have heard people allude to the rev F being re-released. The posted photo is supposedly a triple rectifier and a clone of "adam's amp." I presume this is an F then since there were no triple C/D/E....(well okay 1 prototype C)? or a G? Any inside information anyone has on this amp or the rev f reissue they can share? or a timeline?

I'll be honest I had no idea he even used a rectifier and always thought his sound was the super bass, the blueface vh4, and various amps mixed with the 2 (like the rivera etc).

Last edited:
I have heard people allude to the rev F being re-released. The posted photo is supposedly a triple rectifier and a clone of "adam's amp." I presume this is an F then since there were no triple C/D/E....(well okay 1 prototype C)? or a G? Any inside information anyone has on this amp or the rev f reissue they can share? or a timeline?

I'll be honest I had no idea he even used a rectifier and always thought his sound was the super bass, the blueface vh4, and various amps mixed with the 2 (like the rivera etc).
I always thought he played a rev G dual in the late 90s

I always thought he played a rev G dual in the late 90s
So that's interesting. If his personal amp is a G (and this is a "clone" of that amp), does that mean the 2 channel G will be reissued. And there is a rumor of a reissue F. Will both actually happen along each other or will they just consolidate the project I wonder?

So that's interesting. If his personal amp is a G (and this is a "clone" of that amp), does that mean the 2 channel G will be reissued. And there is a rumor of a reissue F. Will both actually happen along each other or will they just consolidate the project I wonder?

Hard to say - some rumors are ridiculous and far from the truth so i guess all we can do is wait :)

Agreed but the straight dual was just nasty and wicked! Its tone complimented Maynard's early antics and lyrics to a T.
I don’t ever recall a time when he just used the Dual. He did only use the Marshall Super Bass early on. That Marshall is the only thing on the EP that came out before Undertow. Undertow and Aenma was the Mesa/Marshall combo. I think.

I've never understood signature amps when guys play generally stock versions of regular models people can already buy? And I'm in marketing as a career 😂 Obviously a $ grab.

Jones has great tone but there's nothing secret or rare going on there in terms of amps
I swear I can get the 10000 days tine with ch3 of my Vh4.. so close . Just add some of my 2203

Back