Adrian Smith and Dave Murray are criminally underrated...

Blackie08

Adrian Smith and Dave Murray are criminally underrated guitar players. They might not have been the flashiest or the fastest but they wrote some incredible stuff. Any Maiden fans in the house agree with me??

Edit: link failz.. someone help fix them.

...and Janick Gers is criminally overrated.

BTW, remove the characters from your links after the "&" mark...

Randy Rhoads was the one that made me want to (HAVE TO) play guitar, but it was Dave Murray and Adrian Smith that I ripped off and idolized the most. I was a huge fan up to Seventh Son, kind of lost interest after that. I like some of the stuff they have done after that point, but not with the same zeal that I had before.

I have Powerslave and Killers in the car's CD changer right now.

Jakem":2grxjwsm said:

How is he overrated when everyone thinks he sucks? I think he's a great fit for the band and he's written some amazing songs. All three of their guitarists are awesome IMO.

Blackie08":6ktwhjxz said:
Adrian Smith and Dave Murray are criminally underrated guitar players. They might not have been the flashiest or the fastest but they wrote some incredible stuff. Any Maiden fans in the house agree with me??

Edit: link failz.. someone help fix them.

Jannick Gers isn't as bad as everyone says. I like some of the stuff he wrote. But he should just let Dave and Adrian play lead :thumbsup:

Strat+Marshall":1hn8l5qf said:
How are they underrated? They have tons of fanbois all over the world that love everything they do. :confused:

When everyone talks about the "greatest" guitar players their names are always left out. I agree the band has a monster following, i'm not disputing that at all. I just don't think that they get the respect that say Lynch/RR/EVH/etc.. and others from that era get while they are one of the very few bands still around putting on monster live shows.

mrp5150":39e1ws3d said:
Jakem":39e1ws3d said:

How is he overrated when everyone thinks he sucks? I think he's a great fit for the band and he's written some amazing songs. All three of their guitarists are awesome IMO.

really the only people who think he sucks are guitar nerds who sit and read internet forums every day lol. but yeah maiden is great i've always liked them.

I never understood the hate toward Janick. I have always like Adrian and Dave better and wondered how three guitars would fit but they make it work. Taking my wife to see them June 9th. It will be her first time seeing them live.

criminally underrated? i think i just recently watched a 3 hour movie of them on vh1 traveling around the world playing their signature strats to sold out arenas in their personalized jumbo jet. what i would give the be that underrated

I love Janick's lead playing on Dickinson's Tattooed Millionaire album. Great tone there as well.

2 of my favorites. I disagree with your statement that they are underrated, as they are 2 of the most famous guitarists in metal, though they are indeed awesome!

Back