Advice Needed. Wizard MC solo boost, best option??

BAN-ONE

Hey there fellow Rig-Talkers,
My name's Ben and I'm a long term GASoholic.. :yes:
Seriously though, I need to sort out a volume boost for solos on a non-loop Wizard that I love dearly. I'm in Australia so shipping it back to Wizard or Friedman etc. isn't a feasible option. Currently I just run a Fulltone Fat Boost for solos into the Low Gain input with has kind of worked in a single guitar lineup, but now we've got a 2nd player whose got a monster sound, I'm gonna have to address the issue more seriously as it ain't cuttin' it..
I do not want to change the amp's core tone at all, so these are my options I think:

1.Volume pedal thru the front
2.Metro Zero Loss loop (which would allow me to run nicer delays as well)
3. Angus Style guitar volume manipulation.
4. A 2nd footswitchable master

Any ideas or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot!!

I'd definately go Metro loop. Can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Throw an EQ or boost in the loop and you're good to go and you can use time based fx too.

get a ho or an ultimate attenuator with the footswitchable dual volumes option. It works great for the lead volume boosts when playing live even if u dont really need the attenuator.

joepete77":29uq09ct said:
get a ho or an ultimate attenuator with the footswitchable dual volumes option. It works great for the lead volume boosts when playing live even if u dont really need the attenuator.

yeah man, I second this - I got one and it works great with my marshalls for getting separate rhythm and solo volumes.

I'm not too keen on the attenuator idea, Rick @ Wizard advised against using one if possible. Any more opinions on the Metro Loop?

What amp could possibly louder than an MC. That amp hurt my teeth. What is your 2nd guitarist running through?

glip22":2c0t6tki said:
What amp could possibly louder than an MC. That amp hurt my teeth. What is your 2nd guitarist running through?
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :rock:
Indeed, when it's above 5 on the master, it moves my intestines and my vision blurs.. and it's a 50 watter.. I couldn't imagine using a 100watt M.C anywhere that's not a stadium.

The other guitarist uses mega modded 100w JCM800 head and 68 basketweave cab.

It's just a level boost I need for solos, I'm leaning towards the Metro loop.

BAN-ONE":1dy5a6dl said:
I'm not too keen on the attenuator idea, Rick @ Wizard advised against using one if possible. Any more opinions on the Metro Loop?
He doesnt like loops either. :) Maybe get another halfstack and an a/b box...kick it in when you need louder.

Back