After hearing these at NAMM I had to..........................

zepman

:? Have one(2 weeks away from delivery). These things sound tight and atriculate BEYOND anything I expected from Marshall 8) So I scored one, BUT I am NOT going to pay $900+ for a cab when I can respeaker and tolex one of mine to match for 1/2 of that :D
I hate to admit it BUT these make my DSL sound thin...........
MARSHALL VINTAGE MODERN
http://marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=2266

>|<>QBB<
OneArmedScissor":23949 said:
What do they sound like? I assume it's somewhat more modern/higher gain, not just a relabeled reissue?

I WANNA KNOW TOO!!! The 50 watt 2x12 combo with Greenbacks is making me wet!

How's the gain/tone compared to the DSL?

Damn, got one already Zep?

That reminds me, next time I get some cash together, I'm buying me some SO strings. Be on the lookout for my order! I expect lots of free goodies since I'm a formulite! :) haha.

>|<>QBB<
OneArmedScissor":bfcea said:
What do they sound like? I assume it's somewhat more modern/higher gain, not just a relabeled reissue?

It can go from Plexi tones to scorcing heat with the footswitchable added gain stage.Its very responsive to the guitar controls allowing you to go from the best Marshall clean I have heard yet to an overdcriven lead tone with a twist of the volume pot on the axe.
Its still has board mounted tube sockets(I hate this)but it keeps the price down($1300)and I have yet to "hear" a difference in point to point vs CB amps.
I got the 50 watt head Model#2266
vm-feature-half1.jpg

Powered by 2-KT-66 output tubes I find the distortion to be fatter and creamier then the E34 amps I have played/owned.
So think of it as a One channel amp with a master volume and a footswitchable gain stage available and there are two controls (body and detail) to shape the preamp tone.
TRUST me I wasnt unhappy with my DSL100 this amp just knocked my socks off.
The Marshall 4 channel JVM is another KILLER amp just way to overkill for my needs. If I was gigging for a living I would take serious look at the KVM, just the fact that it is MIDI capable and stores EQ settings on the stock footpedal as "presets" is enough to make this sucker a contender :? :D

Thge most impressive non Marshall I tried was the Framus/Dragon. WOW, I really liked the crunch in this fucker. :D and it was the second most likley amp to come home with Zepman :D

yeah it was pretty damn nice. I was dissappointed with the demo though but the guy playing through it had the treble up too high and it soounded really "plinky" to me.

Pissed me off he wouldnt let me plug into it either especially since there was a lefty lp in the room.

Pretty much everybody was impressed with the JVM 4 channel. Crazy versatile. Has a lot of features that reminds me of Recto's. And all the settings being midi programmable is amazing.

john, I had fun jamming at your house. hopefully we can do it again next year! :)

>|<>QBB<
Telephant":18f48 said:
john, I had fun jamming at your house. hopefully we can do it again next year! :)

telephant.jpg

Dude, you are a smokin player and a kick to hang with, your welcome here anytime :D NAMM was a blast this year :D

LOL thats a great pic! Yeah NAMM was awesome. Drunken awesomeness. :D

I wish you could order any Marshall in the same tolex and baffle cloth as your DSL stack. sexiest Marshall ever IMO.

John I know what you mean about the VM. I maybe ordering that after the JVM.

And thanks for opening your house again to us brother! Was great to hang with you and all the guys for 16,000,000,000,000 notes. :D

Very cool John!!!!!!

I will be sending you an email later for my order :wink:

Thank you soooooooooooooo much for opening your house for us, you are what a formite should be and then some brother.

Freaking Shea.....most metal dude around 8)

>|<>QBB<
zepman":0cfde said:
:? Have one(2 weeks away from delivery). These things sound tight and atriculate BEYOND anything I expected from Marshall 8) So I scored one, BUT I am NOT going to pay $900+ for a cab when I can respeaker and tolex one of mine to match for 1/2 of that :D
I hate to admit it BUT these make my DSL sound thin...........
MARSHALL VINTAGE MODERN
http://marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=2266

not to be a Mr Dick, but doesn't all DSL's sound thin?

if you make me buy a Marshall i will have to eat all of the things in said in the last 4 years, please stop!

>|<>QBB<
Telephant":cba27 said:
yeah it was pretty damn nice. I was dissappointed with the demo though but the guy playing through it had the treble up too high and it soounded really "plinky" to me.

Pissed me off he wouldnt let me plug into it either especially since there was a lefty lp in the room.

Pretty much everybody was impressed with the JVM 4 channel. Crazy versatile. Has a lot of features that reminds me of Recto's. And all the settings being midi programmable is amazing.

I saw the video and didn't like the tone i heard either. Here's a question i have.............What can the JVM do that a DSL and a really good OD pedal can't do?

And check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie60lRVd4ac

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":21f61 said:
>|<>QBB<

I saw the video and didn't like the tone i heard either. Here's a question i have.............What can the JVM do that a DSL and a really good OD pedal can't do?

And check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie60lRVd4ac

three modes per channel
Midi
better clean...way better
more gain but clear
4 reverb controls
Programable channels...just tweak and hold for three seconds and bam.

You are going to crap.

>|<>QBB<
zepman":62c45 said:
>|<>QBB<

The Marshall 4 channel JVM is another KILLER amp just way to overkill for my needs. If I was gigging for a living I would take serious look at the KVM, just the fact that it is MIDI capable and stores EQ settings on the stock footpedal as "presets" is enough to make this sucker a contender :? :D

Wait just a cotton picking minute here. Aren't you the guy that had to use a forklift to bring your rack to the jam Friday, and needed three inputs and mics for recording your rig? :?

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":c10a0 said:
>|<>QBB<

Wait just a cotton picking minute here. Aren't you the guy that had to use a forklift to bring your rack to the jam Friday, and needed three inputs and mics for recording your rig? :?

That is metal to the max!

Zepman, did you happen to make it over to the vox booth and try out the new AC50CP or AC100CP?

Back