Aged bronze hardware

Findthetone1

I've seena few pictures of builds with aged bronze (or copper?) hardware but can't seem to locate a source. Specifically an Original Floyd Rose and locking tuners. Anybody know or am I chasing a unicorn?

Looks like aged bronze (or something similar looking) is an option on the Floyd Rose website, but it also says "unavailable" :LOL:

Looks like aged bronze (or something similar looking) is an option on the Floyd Rose website, but it also says "unavailable" :LOL:
I saw that. Actually looking at it again, that's probably achievable by using extra fine steel wool on a chrome one. I know there's copper under chrome. Just have to be careful because it's thin.

FWIW when I did my Warmoth build I really wanted all satin chrome hardware so I went with the Floyd Rose Special, and I haven't had any issues whatsoever with it (been at least 4 years going strong now). To me it's a pretty amazing value - not sure if I just got lucky or what

16179567_10211853482311790_7881331394992145827_o.jpg

FWIW when I did my Warmoth build I really wanted all satin chrome hardware so I went with the Floyd Rose Special, and I haven't had any issues whatsoever with it (been at least 4 years going strong now). To me it's a pretty amazing value - not sure if I just got lucky or what
I’ve switched the Korean F1000 out for OFRs on both of my 08/09 USA Charvels. No change in feel, tone or wear...and I gigged pretty heavily with the 1000 for 8 yrs with no issues.

I’ve switched the Korean F1000 out for OFRs on both of my 08/09 USA Charvels. No change in feel, tone or wear...and I gigged pretty heavily with the 1000 for 8 yrs with no issues.

Yeah I feel like a lot of people get it in their head that it MUST be an OFR or else it's useless....can't say I agree!

I love an ofr as much as the next guy, but there’s just not that much of a difference in my experience when gigging between the ofr and 1000.

I'm was just trying to get a gameplan together for my warbird superstrat build that I started another thread about. However, I have since discovered that this pic I posted with the look I want is actually a Luxxtone build. So......anyone wanna buy a kidney?

Chubtone guys seem to recommend someone the couple times I have asked in the past but could never find the dealer or person they would recommend..

Back