Airplane art guitar body builders?

Thanks for the tips. I found this pic doing a search. This is the look and feel I’m after I think
587BD9F7-C01E-4458-9185-A7366AE5AFC9.jpeg

I'm having a guitar painted by Sims Custom Shop. After speaking with Pat Sims, I think at least some of these graphic paint jobs are just 'printed' onto the body. I was going to get a supernova image printed on a Star body but you need a really high resolution image and I couldn't find one I was happy with that had high enough resolution so I went in a different direction.

I'm having a guitar painted by Sims Custom Shop. After speaking with Pat Sims, I think at least some of these graphic paint jobs are just 'printed' onto the body. I was going to get a supernova image printed on a Star body but you need a really high resolution image and I couldn't find one I was happy with that had high enough resolution so I went in a different direction.
Mike Learn don't use any aftermarket stencils. Dan probably doesn't either. These guys are true artists. I think Learn charges like $800 for custom war graphics.

Mike Learn don't use any aftermarket stencils. Dan probably doesn't either. These guys are true artists. I think Learn charges like $800 for custom war graphics.
Oof. May have to save this dream for another time :aww: Not that the fee is out of line for one of the best, it's just not in the budget right now.

That sounds inexpensive for that type of work. The printed jobs are actually using a printer and the primed body is the 'paper'. Then clear over that. There are certain things that works better for because for an artist to paint some things in such detail would take forever and a day. It is not that much more than a regular candy/pearl type finish...and less than a swirl IIRC.

Last edited:
Back