Amp and cabinet cover (half-stack)

Bro KV

Anyone make covers for amp heads with cabinet? I have a Herbert on a Mesa 412 and the Mesa cover fits fine but is obviously too short. Looking for the same type of cover, just taller. Thanks in advance.

Tuki covers makes some decent stuff. I have a couple cab and amp covers from them that have held up well over the years.
https://www.tukicovers.com/amp-speaker-covers-bags/diezel/diezel-herbert-amp-head-padded-cover/

I bought 2 padded Tuki covers for my 1992 Marshall 30th Anniversary 6101 combo amp & 1912 1x12 closed back cab. After about 20 years, the foam padding turns to dust and the dust ended up all over my amp. I couldn't figure out where the dust was coming from until I saw the rotted foam padding coming out of the Tuki amp cover. I ended up throwing the Tuki amp cover in the trash since I didn't want to deal with having rotted foam dust all over my Marshall 6101 combo amp. I had to use a shop vacuum to remove any remaining foam padding dust. When the rotted foam padding gets hot, it turns into a sticky residue that will be difficult to clean off the amp later. After dealing with that, I won't ever buy a padded Tuki cover with foam padding ever again!

I bought a Studio Slips double padded cover for my Marshall 6101 combo amp to replace the Tuki cover with the rotted foam padding. Studio Slips uses polyester fiber fill that doesn't rot or create dust all over your amps or cabinets. I should have bought the Studio Slips amp cover back in 1993, but I didn't know much about this kind of stuff back then. It was slightly more expensive, but Studio Slips amp & cabinet covers is the best on the market.

Guitar George

I bought 2 padded Tuki covers for my 1992 Marshall 30th Anniversary 6101 combo amp & 1912 1x12 closed back cab. After about 20 years, the foam padding turns to dust and the dust ended up all over my amp. I couldn't figure out where the dust was coming from until I saw the rotted foam padding coming out of the Tuki amp cover. I ended up throwing the Tuki amp cover in the trash since I didn't want to deal with having rotted foam dust all over my Marshall 6101 combo amp. I had to use a shop vacuum to remove any remaining foam padding dust. When the rotted foam padding gets hot, it turns into a sticky residue that will be difficult to clean off the amp later. After dealing with that, I won't ever buy a padded Tuki cover with foam padding ever again!

I bought a Studio Slips double padded cover for my Marshall 6101 combo amp to replace the Tuki cover with the rotted foam padding. Studio Slips uses polyester fiber fill that doesn't rot or create dust all over your amps or cabinets. I should have bought the Studio Slips amp cover back in 1993, but I didn't know much about this kind of stuff back then. It was slightly more expensive, but Studio Slips amp & cabinet covers is the best on the market.

Guitar George
Tuki makes great products. How do you know they’re still using the same foam? I’ve had quite a few Tuki covers and never had an issue.

Tuki makes great products. How do you know they’re still using the same foam? I’ve had quite a few Tuki covers and never had an issue.
The type of foam padding that Tuki Covers uses for their padded amp & cabinet covers breaks down after 15 to 20 years. When the foam padding breaks down, it turns to a black dust that leaks out of the Tuki nylon covers. The deteriorated foam dust gets all over your amp or cabinet. If you don't vacuum the deteriorated foam dust, when it gets hot, the foam dust melts, and sticks to the surface of your amp & cabinet. It's also bad for the environment!
This is the reason why I've decided to switch to Studio Slips. They use polyester fiber fill for their padded amp & cabinet covers which is high quality, durable, and safe for the environment. Tuki Covers uses foam padding that falls apart after 15 to 20 years, leaves foam dust that will damage your gear. When the foam dust isn't removed, it melts on your gear and becomes a fire hazard.

Guitar George

The type of foam padding that Tuki Covers uses for their padded amp & cabinet covers breaks down after 15 to 20 years. When the foam padding breaks down, it turns to a black dust that leaks out of the Tuki nylon covers. The deteriorated foam dust gets all over your amp or cabinet. If you don't vacuum the deteriorated foam dust, when it gets hot, the foam dust melts, and sticks to the surface of your amp & cabinet. It's also bad for the environment!
This is the reason why I've decided to switch to Studio Slips. They use polyester fiber fill for their padded amp & cabinet covers which is high quality, durable, and safe for the environment. Tuki Covers uses foam padding that falls apart after 15 to 20 years, leaves foam dust that will damage your gear. When the foam dust isn't removed, it melts on your gear and becomes a fire hazard.

Guitar George
Huh, I have had them around for 10 yrs or so, haven't had an issue and wasn't aware of that type of problem. Something worth keeping an eye on I suppose though.

Back