Amp Gallery: Play a Carol Ann Amp rig, post it up here

Greetings Alan!

IMG_0232.jpg

* velcro-fly *":kcr1ajp2 said:
Mutt > OD2-100 > Bogner OS 2x12

carolmutt.jpg

Bogner make some really good sounding cabs. I love the 50W Revo with a Bogner Shiva cab loaded with a CL80. For some reason that amp and that cab are a perfect marriage.

Carol-AnnAmps":2znhjqfi said:
Bogner make some really good sounding cabs. I love the 50W Revo with a Bogner Shiva cab loaded with a CL80. For some reason that amp and that cab are a perfect marriage.

That cab loved to OD2 and is pretty smitten with the OD2r at the moment....I've got an EVM12L / random Pure Sixty Four speaker combo in it right now that truth be told I'm not wild about....I'm not so sure that EV is the right choice for the OD2r....I know, Alan, blasphemy :LOL: :LOL: I'm going to try some ASW's in there.

Josh - damn skippy that guitar is cute :gethim: :LOL: :LOL:

DSC06753.jpg

DSC06087.jpg

Ok Guys not exactly sure how to post pics so here is a pic of my latest Carol-ann rig. Od2 6L6 50 watt head and 50Watt Revo.
These are two of the best amps I've ever had the pleasure of playing. Without a doubt the Revo is the tone I have heard in my head over the years as THE Marshall tone. I can nail my favorite solo's from the early 90's and yet the thing is so versatile I can cover almost any tone and all from the guitars volume. Alan is just the best ever, a really down to earth builder that gigs more than most of us do. Love my CA'S!!!!! - Sir Douglas T

Pics fixed and welcome!

Sir Douglas T":rp3o682c said:
DSC06753.jpg

DSC06087.jpg

Ok Guys not exactly sure how to post pics so here is a pic of my latest Carol-ann rig. Od2 6L6 50 watt head and 50Watt Revo.
These are two of the best amps I've ever had the pleasure of playing. Without a doubt the Revo is the tone I have heard in my head over the years as THE Marshall tone. I can nail my favorite solo's from the early 90's and yet the thing is so versatile I can cover almost any tone and all from the guitars volume. Alan is just the best ever, a really down to earth builder that gigs more than most of us do. Love my CA'S!!!!! - Sir Douglas T

Sir Douglas T":1fp92nng said:
Thanks Brad you rock my Brother!! How is my Koa Reb Beach? I am still missing her! - Sir Douglas T

Thats a killer fiddle, not that you dont have your own private stash!

That's my EL34 50watt Maple cab on the top. I got a kick out of Alan telling me that my amp chased a few folks out of the room because of the massive volume when he cranked the gain. It can sound extremely heavy , but when it's turned down she purrs like a kitten. Very misleading when you first see the amp in person. I LOVE that about it!!!!!!- Sir Douglas T

:rock: Oh and if you haven't heard a REVO you don't know what your missing. GENIUS!!!

* velcro-fly *":2blwo08j said:
Carol-AnnAmps":2blwo08j said:

That cab loved to OD2 and is pretty smitten with the OD2r at the moment....I've got an EVM12L / random Pure Sixty Four speaker combo in it right now that truth be told I'm not wild about....I'm not so sure that EV is the right choice for the OD2r....I know, Alan, blasphemy :LOL: :LOL: I'm going to try some ASW's in there.

Josh - damn skippy that guitar is cute :gethim: :LOL: :LOL:

No...I agree with you. THe OD2r sounds great through a CL80 and that is the speaker I use in the combo and the 1x12 cab to go with it. The response of the power stage is the OD2r is night and day different from the OD-2's, even though you can hear they are from the same range. However that translates to a different transient response and compression and ultimately a different speaker choice.

rareguitar":1sb8gbfu said:
Sir Douglas T":1sb8gbfu said:
Thanks Brad you rock my Brother!! How is my Koa Reb Beach? I am still missing her! - Sir Douglas T

Thats a killer fiddle, not that you dont have your own private stash!

Doug is one of the biggest hearted guys I've met since I started this business, actually ever. He has become a personal friend.

He has some gorgeous gear and always trusts me with it...even when it travels to an amp show in the back of my Jeep. It put the fear of God in me moving those maple cabs around.

BerkleeBill":2ovirc9w said:
Here is a shot of a couple of Alan's amps -- from his booth at the 2009 NY Amp Show:

IMG_3330.jpg

Nice pic Bill. I never saw that ione before. Complete with my infamous GP-8 and RV-5....and bottle of orange juice.
I just had that PRS worked on recently. It had some serious intonation and neck issues thanks to me leaving out after a gig in 5 degree weather. I used a guy in Manchester NH called Chris. He did an amazing job on it, it plays better than it did when it was new.

Sir Douglas T":3rw68pr3 said:
That's my EL34 50watt Maple cab on the top. I got a kick out of Alan telling me that my amp chased a few folks out of the room because of the massive volume when he cranked the gain. It can sound extremely heavy , but when it's turned down she purrs like a kitten. Very misleading when you first see the amp in person. I LOVE that about it!!!!!!- Sir Douglas T

:rock: Oh and if you haven't heard a REVO you don't know what your missing. GENIUS!!!

Got that right. My OD2 w/ 6L6 tubes has a serious amoung of gain in the thing. Really crunches and sings like crazy.

Even with all that gain, I find that I'm running the pre-gain at about 1:00-2:00 w/ the overdrive at noon or below when using my PRS. The overdrive is really rich and full, and I find that I really don't need to turn the overdrive knob all that much. Sound great through an EV-loaded cab.

Back