Amp road cases

leib10

Since my other thread didn't get much attention, I was wondering if I could make it more general. Where is the best place to get road cases for your amps? Is it a local thing or are there certain companies that make them specifically for different amps?

leib10":1u05c5dj said:
Since my other thread didn't get much attention, I was wondering if I could make it more general. Where is the best place to get road cases for your amps? Is it a local thing or are there certain companies that make them specifically for different amps?

I just put an order in with Rockhard Cases (www.rockhardcases.com). Email Mark @ the same address for info. His prices are acceptable, considering the quality of work. This is probably the 4th or 5th that I have ordered from him and he has a quick turnaround. Compared to his cases, some of these others are simply shit. I threw out two Brady cases that were falling apart. Beware of the fly by nights on eBay. The real quality in cases is in what you don't see.

As a reference, I just ordered a rolling amp rack for my VH4, with 6 spaces, premium 3" casters, 3/8" construction, 14" depth for $600. He's been in business for years.

Steve

I've been using A & S Cases for 20+ years and (as a matter of fact I still use the original case I bought for my Mesa/Boogie MKIII Coliseum, back in '86. It's been around the country from California to Baltimore and back to Hawaii etc... Still holding up GREAT!!

MissionControl2.jpg

zachsboogie.jpg

steve_k":3ky3gpxc said:
leib10":3ky3gpxc said:

I just put an order in with Rockhard Cases (http://www.rockhardcases.com). Email Mark @ the same address for info. His prices are acceptable, considering the quality of work. This is probably the 4th or 5th that I have ordered from him and he has a quick turnaround. Compared to his cases, some of these others are simply shit. I threw out two Brady cases that were falling apart. Beware of the fly by nights on eBay. The real quality in cases is in what you don't see.

As a reference, I just ordered a rolling amp rack for my VH4, with 6 spaces, premium 3" casters, 3/8" construction, 14" depth for $600. He's been in business for years.

Steve

+1 Rockhard Cases are the shiznit! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Nice, thanks guys. Looks like I should be prepared to spend at least $200 for a decent case. Anybody heard of using a cheaper alternative (grad school budget here!)?

leib10":1jtct55w said:
Nice, thanks guys. Looks like I should be prepared to spend at least $200 for a decent case. Anybody heard of using a cheaper alternative (grad school budget here!)?
You're pretty much gonna get what you pay for.....good cases aint cheap and cheap cases aint good.

leib10":99xyqlc9 said:

While you 'could' take your guitar wrapped in a Glad trash bag, a Good case to protect it, is never a bad plan. Same w/ your gear-- it's worth protecting w/ a Good rack case.

Back