AMP to cop this tone

LPHeaven68

I love this overdriven tone. Sounds almost like a cross between a old laney and a JCM800. Its got that punchy bounce with just the right amount of bite.
Maybe i'm off but its one of my favorite tones and looking for an amp to get as close as i can.
The guitar player has a one off amp that i don't think any average joe can obtain.
Any input or opinions appreciated !
Thanks,

I'm hearing Hall of the Mountain King riff and tone in there.That was JCM 800's and Laneys with boss OD I believe. Maybe an EQ with serious mid bump.

Picture001.jpg

Very cool. I think he uses or used a boss ds1 live. I would like to have an amp that can get close without a pedal. I'll be on the lookout to try a Laney AOR.
Thanks !!!

BrokenFusion":2b9cgpoy said:
I'm hearing Hall of the Mountain King riff and tone in there.That was JCM 800's and Laneys with boss OD I believe. Maybe an EQ with serious mid bump.
I think that was recorded with a bass amp/clean amp platform, and Criss Oliva used 2 Boss SD1's, one with the tone maxed and the other with the tone all the way down. I'm sure more to it but that was the core of his tone.

Thats interesting. Hell i just might go to GC, grab a princeton and a few pedals, the SD1 maybe a catalinbread sabbra cadabra. Can probably get real close on the cheap !

cool ! I'm not skilled in googleFU thanks for the link. Love this bands riffs on warp riders and apocryphon, not too stoner not too heavy. These guys and Monster Magnet's guitar tone are stuck in my head. I'm really interested in trying a semi-clean amp with that Catlinbread treble booster. I could be in Iommiland pretty quick i think and cover alot of ground

I have the Catalinbead treble booster (Naga Viper) and it's very picky on what amp it hits. If I was running a cleaner amp the Sabbra Cadabbra might be better. I picked up a 6 knob AOR50 within the last year and it's great. Definitely The Sword in a box. Also my poor man's JCM800. Between an AOR Laney and the right Orange you'd nail it.

They change out their gear all the time. I know their guitar tech so I'll ask him what they used on the album. It might be a while before I hear back from him as they are in Australia right now.

cool beans man ! highly appreciated By the tones on the latest cd, its certainly a left turn Clyde from previous material.

Back