And just like that Mesa takes the spot again!!!!!!!!!

nbarts

I've been running the 2 Mesa Thieles the past week & these things just sound amazing. Crunchy, punchy, the meanest sound ever. I wish I had 2 more. I can't believe I had a Mesa Thiele before & sold it, what an idiot. :doh:

I'm really considering grabbing a Mesa 4x12 to replace my Bonger 2x12, I'm just a bit worried it's not gonna be as sweet as the Bogner for non-metal content.

Ventura":1kxb4y50 said:
Heh heh..... Hey Beavith...he thaid "Bonger" heh heh.
:hys:

V.

You think that's funny? Check out this Uberschall on the local Craigslist :LOL: :LOL:

3n93p73ld5T05P25X4a3n93c8c06c25ea12.jpg

I had a Mesa Thiele .... best 1x12 I ever played thru. It sounded great with every speaker I put in it. It recorded real well.

I have thought about building some 2x12's that would just be two of these cabinets side by side. With the speaker separated like a 1x12. Ports on the outside.

stephen sawall":urhoc18c said:
I had a Mesa Thiele .... best 1x12 I ever played thru. It sounded great with every speaker I put in it. It recorded real well.

I have thought about building some 2x12's that would just be two of these cabinets side by side. With the speaker separated like a 1x12. Ports on the outside.

The front ported design definitely kicks ass on these. I'e actually heard people making front loaded 2x12s inspired mesa rectifier 2x12 design & some great recordings made with these.

nbarts":2kxgdzmg said:
I'm really considering grabbing a Mesa 4x12 to replace my Bonger 2x12, I'm just a bit worried it's not gonna be as sweet as the Bogner for non-metal content.
+1. I haven't really played a smaller Mesa 4x12 (Stiletto as they're now called), but I know my current Recto cabs are much better suited for metal than, say, SRV-type Strat playing. They still sound good though....

I've been running 2 Bogner cubes with EVM Black Labels. Sounds amazing, but I'd like to mix it with another speaker. I am thinking about adding 2 more as well, with Scumback 75s. Not sure, maybe just one of each. But I have cranked my Wizard and SLOs through these, I mean cranked, and they did not fart out. Simply amazing to me.

The Cube was probably the best rear load I've tried, but they have to come a long way to have the aggression of the Thiele. They do have sweeter low end though. Actually mixing these 2 could be the solution to all problems.

nbarts":1h5wdyyv said:
The Cube was probably the best rear load I've tried, but they have to come a long way to have the aggression of the Thiele. They do have sweeter low end though. Actually mixing these 2 could be the solution to all problems.

That may be the ticket. Are you using older Thieles or newer ones? Is there much of a difference?

I've got older Thieles now. The one I had before was newer & I don't think they sound different. The current ones I have don't have removable backs though, other than the the size & design are similar.

nbarts":12c3uluu said:
I'm glad you are having fun, but it doesn't make me feel better about my Bonger. :LOL: :LOL:

It's alright man, it's not the size of your Bonger, it's what ya do with it.... :thumbsup:

Peace,
V.

PS - LOVED the pic of the BONER Ecstasy. Classic.... :LOL: :LOL:

Shark Diver":29i4myve said:
nbarts":29i4myve said:

That may be the ticket. Are you using older Thieles or newer ones? Is there much of a difference?

Grab this one if you don't mind the price

https://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Maple-T ... _500wt_991

nbarts":p4e3cgh3 said:
I've been running the 2 Mesa Thieles the past week & these things just sound amazing. Crunchy, punchy, the meanest sound ever. I wish I had 2 more. I can't believe I had a Mesa Thiele before & sold it, what an idiot. :doh:

It won't be. I've owned a few Mesa 4x12 and 2X12 cabs (all different models), and I always end up selling them. Compared to the 2x12, the Mesa won't sound as nice.

I've owned both Mesa 4x12 and 2X12 rectifier cabs previously and I was stupid enough to think that Bogners were better for recording, because at that time I would dial in too much highs & presence on my amps. I sold the Thiele for the same reason & now I got it back & it rips. For me the main problem with the 4x12 & 2x12 were the v30s, the reason I chose Bogners was because v30s sound nicer in them & I was using v30s at that time. I mean for recording I'm pretty sure that the traditional rectifier mesa will kick bogner's ass for metal, however as I recall, that cabinet was no good for other styles. Now live my Bogner OS 2x12 sounds better than the 4x12 Rectifier Mesa, but I don't use 4x12s or 2x12s live anymore, so that doesn't make any difference for me.

nbarts":23r14at8 said:
Shark Diver":23r14at8 said:
nbarts":23r14at8 said:

Grab this one if you don't mind the price

https://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Maple-T ... _500wt_991

That is very sweet. Thinking about 2 new ones with red croc though. Think a trip to Mesa Hollywood is in order.

Just be careful, the newest Thieles come with c90s, not EVM12s. Make sure you get the real deal.

nbarts":2i9rarlq said:
Just be careful, the newest Thieles come with c90s, not EVM12s. Make sure you get the real deal.

Thinking about getting them unloaded and putting the black labels in them and then some Scumbacks in the cubes. Or BLs in al 4.

Back