Andy Timmons is phenomenal!

romanianreaper

My buddy Robert Keeley was doing a Halo pedal demo yesterday with Andy Timmons and I got to watch the master at work. He was a phenomenal player and I was blown away. He was hilarious well, lol. He was playing thru a Mesa Lonestar which is part of his typical rig and his Ibanez which Robert told me "he even takes to McDonald's" 😅😅😅
20221022_160129.jpg
20221022_162919.jpg

Andy Timmons genuinely has some of the best tone in the industry. He really puts in the time to figure out what works and he knows his stuff. And yeah it’s always entertaining to hear him talk about what he does.

He’s also one of the few solo guitar players who actually makes listenable guitar music, too. Can’t say enough good things about the guy.

Also, I bought a Halo not too long ago and while I’m not the biggest fan of its usability with how the switching and patch management / saving is done, I do think it’s the best sounding delay I’ve used.

Last edited:
Andy Timmons genuinely has some of the best tone in the industry. He really puts in the time to figure out what works and he knows his stuff. And yeah it’s always entertaining to hear him talk about what he does.

He’s also one of the few solo guitar players who actually makes listenable guitar music, too.

Can’t say enough good things about the guy.

Also, I bought a Halo not too long ago and while I’m not the biggest fan of its usability with how the switching and patch management / saving is done, I do think it’s the best sounding delay I’ve used.
I typically don't venture too far from the "Halo" setting and agree, the tone is the part thst grabs ya

He's in my top 5 fav players of all time. I've seen him live 2 times and got to meet him a handful of times. Always nice and willing to talk shop.

Great guy with amazing tone.

That is crazy! Enjoy the Halo man! He said they have so many new pedals and ideas in work that will be coming out soon. I can't wait!! My whole pedalboard is Kewley pedals, lol
@romanianreaper , on the Halo can you dial in a simple 500 mill, one repeat digital type delay line? I love my Nemesis but my whole delay world lives in the 480 to 560 mil digital delay line. If the Halo can do that with it's simple ability to switch through several presets, that's my next purchase.

Last edited:
Sounds like an awesome time. Would have liked to have seen it. Andy is amazing, every time I’ve heard him it’s so impressive, not sure why I’ve never dove in deeper with his playing.

HIs sense of melody separates him from the other instrumental guitar greats for me. He has the chops but always serves the song's melody first. I don't get bored within two songs of listening to technique flash quite like Vai and Petrucci, etc...
He's got mean jazz/fusion licks in the pocket too, playing with Simon Philips and also 'The Reddcoats' amongst others. From all accounts he's a genuinely nice guy too and happy to always talk gear and guitars. I'd love to see him live one day.

I love his fat and chewy tones from clean to mean. I find the other guitar greats have their own set clean and full distorted tones and tend to just switch between those main two, Andy has some great in-between flavours too and isn't afraid of using his volume and knobs to change it up, something I don't hear as much in others in that arena.

Last edited:
@romanianreaper , on the Halo can you dial in a simple 500 mill, one repeat digital type delay line? I love my Nemesis but my whole delay world lives in the 480 to 560 mil digital delay line. If the Halo can do that with it's simple ability to switch through several presets, that's my next purchase.
Yes on the simple 500 ms. But it's more of an analog delay. They call it an analog rack mount delay type.

I picked up this pedal and really like it. It doesn't take up tons of room on a board and the number of delays you can get is impressive . I would have liked to see Andy up close i am sure it was a good time.

Oh man, I should know this and don't know off hand. I'll have to look at the manual and do a bit of research

Back