Another cash grab. Great, my favourite band is reuniting along with my least favourite drummer

sad state of affairs. i've got nothing against slayer, but this further proves that state of things.
None of these newer bands are either capable of, or are being gate kept from headlining these big american rock/metal fests.
you've got Metallica, Slipknot, RHCP (who are a fucking joke..,i'm a white dude but they're some straight up Cracker shit lol), who else? maybe Mastadon? Lamb of God? The rest are these reunited nostalgia acts like Kiss, Motley Crue, or whoever else. Just seems like the selection of like top tier bands is getting smaller and smaller.

Metallica still kicks Ass in concert. Motley Crue sucks ass. Slipknot was great a few years back. I saw Slayers last round, and they were BADASS, I have no reason to believe they won't kick more ass this time! RHCP ehhh.. Im Hoping Slayer will add more shows, I dont wanna travel to the Chicago shithole or Kentucky for that matter.

I don’t want to be flamed, but he isn’t Lombardo. Just listen to Christ Illusion or Hate Worldwide and then Slayer after that. Or even earlier. That said, Divine Intervention is badass. Slayer is my favourite band.
I don’t disagree. But, I also know Lombardo ain’t coming back LOL.

Metallica still kicks Ass in concert. Motley Crue sucks ass. Slipknot was great a few years back. I saw Slayers last round, and they were BADASS, I have no reason to believe they won't kick more ass this time! RHCP ehhh.. Im Hoping Slayer will add more shows, I dont wanna travel to the Chicago shithole or Kentucky for that matter.
I saw them on their "final" tour as well. Tom's voice was shakey then, so he's either going to be good after the rest, OR be awful.

And, I don't get the ragging on Bostaph?? Several people have expressed displeasure with him. He was killer with Forbidden, Exodus and other studio appearances. He's one of my favorite drummers.

Watched Slayer side stage one time in Europe somewhere (2016 maybe? When did they quit? I don’t remember) on a fest my previous band also played and I got yelled at for sitting my beer on Kerry King’s head case. Was awesome. Set was pretty cool too.

Last time I saw Slayer was Clash of the Titans, with Megadeth and Anthrax + Public Enemy; Alice in Chains opened and was getting booed off the stage, the singer actually jumped into the crowd to fight with someone.

It was outdoors, and the mosh pit created a crazy dust storm :yes:

TLDR, I saw Slayer when they were still Slayer.

I saw this lineup on their “final” tour and they fucking KILLED it. Bostaph is a beast!

I also saw Lombardo play with the Misfits twice and that was also amazing.

Bostaph IS a beast and I don’t have any real issues with him in the studio, but live is where the biggest differences between him and Lombardo come into play. Just a different feel and Lombardo’s is just what I associate with Slayer.

It’s like the Mangini/Portnoy thing, Mangini is obviously a beast and is a few notches above Portnoy on a technical level, but Portnoy is the only drummer I ever want to hear in Dream Theater.

i love Lombardo, but if he plays you are not gonna hear any of Bostaphs stuff, which i want to hear, cause it just dosent work.

I'm not a big Slayer fan but somehow I've seen them at least three times since the late '90s. Last show I saw was on their supposed farewell tour a few years back. The band was great each time.

Bostaph IS a beast and I don’t have any real issues with him in the studio, but live is where the biggest differences between him and Lombardo come into play. Just a different feel and Lombardo’s is just what I associate with Slayer.

It’s like the Mangini/Portnoy thing, Mangini is obviously a beast and is a few notches above Portnoy on a technical level, but Portnoy is the only drummer I ever want to hear in Dream Theater.

Good point. And that's just it.. Paul's not Dave. They're both on their own level, and Dave IS Slayer, and nobody can replace that.

sad state of affairs. i've got nothing against slayer, but this further proves that state of things.
None of these newer bands are either capable of, or are being gate kept from headlining these big american rock/metal fests.
you've got Metallica, Slipknot, RHCP (who are a fucking joke..,i'm a white dude but they're some straight up Cracker shit lol), who else? maybe Mastadon? Lamb of God? The rest are these reunited nostalgia acts like Kiss, Motley Crue, or whoever else. Just seems like the selection of like top tier bands is getting smaller and smaller.
I get what you're saying. While I'm probably biased cause I started a Melodic Heavy Metal band myself, I do think a lot of the bands in the so-called "NWOTHM" deserve more exposure than they get. While Enforcer are definitely not even a new band at this point (for context I'm 21, and they've been around for about as long as I've been alive) I think they should really be playing festivals over some of the older bands who are so past their prime it's not even funny. (For example, certain bands that rely on backing tracks and/or have singers who can't sing the material anymore.)
And I'm not saying that in general newer bands should be headlining over older bands, I think there's definitely a lot of bands who clearly have been phoning it in for a decade or so now whose spots should really be given up for other bands. I understand the way festivals (especially here in the US) work is that it's based on more who will sell tickets and is already known. But it's a bit of a sad state of affairs in the more traditional Heavy Metal scene at the moment.

Fantastic timing! They can just call Kerry's solo album their new album and learn all the parts.

No Lombardo, what's the point? Guess he knows his worth.

Back