Another childhood dream achived.

rottingcorpse

rottingcorpse

Well-known member
1981. Cheap Trick at Reunion arena in Dallas. I had started playing bass a year before after seeing Rush on the "Permanent Waves" tour. This was the tour for the "All Shook Up" album. The bassist was Pete Comita who took over when Tom Peterson left Cheap Trick for a bit. He was crushing it on a very cool looking 12 string Hamer bass that I absolutely lost my mind over. Always wanted one in a "normal" 4 string style.
MARTIN-BASS (1).jpg



A few years ago I started this project by acquiring an 1983 Hamer Blitz bass for $1K. Tried to get several painters to re-create the paintjob, to no avail. The blue paint was severely checked and cracked. Several people were "offended" that I was willing to "destroy" a vintage bass like this. Fuck 'em. It's mine and I'm on a mission.
20231119_044532.jpg

IMG_0149.jpeg (1) (1).webp


Enter Insane Skins. Yep...I had it covered in a vinyl graphic skin.I fucking LOVE IT! It turned out great.
 
Last edited:
Nicely done! That is pretty damn cool!
As a young teen, Cheap Trick was my first concert. My sister took me and it was an amazing show!
These are the things you never forgot.

Congrats on achieving your dream!
 
Several people were "offended" that I was willing to "destroy" a vintage bass like this. Fuck 'em. It's mine and I'm on a mission.
Fuck it, I'm on the not give a shit program too! Its just wood and paint and you sure as fuck can't take it with you. There a couple of cheap(er) Hamer P90 Specials locally that I've been eyeing, to route out the bridge for a bucker and spray it bass boat green metal flake
 
Congrats on achieving your childhood dream, Corpsie, it came out killer!
I thought you finally scored your dream job at the mortuary and had your first orgy.
I was mad that you didn’t call me…
 
Back
Top