Another NAM 2.0 thread...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kapo_Polenton
  • Start date Start date
Kapo_Polenton

Kapo_Polenton

Well-known member
That's right, maybe the 2nd or 3rd this week but i am back again to say this shit kicks ass!. A bit too much clicking to find what you want but the sounds are great and they FEEL great. If I look at the recorded sound waves, they don't just smear and look like a solid line , there are actual peaks. I compared my Myasnikov superlead through torpedo cab m+ with imulated poweramp into Friedman IR and the NAM 2.0 profile that i found sounds better. I even loaded just the Myasnikov pre into the same chain (within the tone3000 plugin) so that it would use the same cab and again, the NAM sounds better. Furthermore, Genome while very good in itself, is still not as good as NAM. I would not hesitate to record with this technology now ( though I imagine studios already are)

Sell (most) of your amps people!

Then rebuy them cheap when Plexis go on sale again in 5 years!
 
Yeah, NAM A2 is amazing, especially when you capture your own amps.

Fractal is adding NAM support to the Axe-Fx III. That will be an amazing pairing, and it says something that he trusts it enough to support it.
 
That's right, maybe the 2nd or 3rd this week but i am back again to say this shit kicks ass!. A bit too much clicking to find what you want but the sounds are great and they FEEL great. If I look at the recorded sound waves, they don't just smear and look like a solid line , there are actual peaks. I compared my Myasnikov superlead through torpedo cab m+ with imulated poweramp into Friedman IR and the NAM 2.0 profile that i found sounds better. I even loaded just the Myasnikov pre into the same chain (within the tone3000 plugin) so that it would use the same cab and again, the NAM sounds better. Furthermore, Genome while very good in itself, is still not as good as NAM. I would not hesitate to record with this technology now ( though I imagine studios already are)

Sell (most) of your amps people!

Then rebuy them cheap when Plexis go on sale again in 5 years!
Genome is a great app to use for playing NAM profiles. The extra EQ options and effects make it a great all-in-one as a standalone or plugin. Highly recommended to anyone interested.
 
Yeah, NAM A2 is amazing, especially when you capture your own amps.

Fractal is adding NAM support to the Axe-Fx III. That will be an amazing pairing, and it says something that he trusts it enough to support it.

Too bad Line 6 is being stubborn about supporting NAM A2.

Even Headrush did a firmware update to support NAM A2 across most if not all of their current product line. I expect NUX, Hotone and other Chinese modelers are or will sonn.

Line 6 Proxy better be much better or they'll regret it and fall behind if the don't support NAM A2 and beyond.

Tone3000 released a free plugin for NAM A2: https://www.tone3000.com/plugin

I just don't have the patience to sift through 100s + captures...like IRs before.

I'm actually buying more tube amps for Marshall tones.
 
I just don't have the patience to sift through 100s + captures...like IRs before.

I'm actually buying more tube amps for Marshall tones.

I dont do that. I made tons of captures of my own amps, so I mostly just use the NAM and ToneX captures of my own amps I made, at my settings. I think I made something like 140 captures of my modded JCM800 clone I built, lol.

I view it like ripping a CD collection to MP3s. I am just trying to make digital copies of different things I own so I can use them digitally in the future.
 
Yes the menu in Tone3000 sucks and there is sifting to do but the amps themselves are worth it. I can't find the folder with the amps I have saved bit love the idea of getting it i to genome for some diff cabs and the effects. I think i am going to try capturing some of my amps next as well.
 
I dont do that. I made tons of captures of my own amps, so I mostly just use the NAM and ToneX captures of my own amps I made, at my settings. I think I made something like 140 captures of my modded JCM800 clone I built, lol.

I view it like ripping a CD collection to MP3s. I am just trying to make digital copies of different things I own so I can use them digitally in the future.

I don't have the patience to make my own captures....(or skills) :D

Makes better sense to capture your own amps if you have the gear to do it right. IMO.
 
I don't have the patience to make my own captures....(or skills) :D

Makes better sense to capture your own amps if you have the gear to do it right. IMO.

Doing it is kind of boring, but I actually find NAM goes much faster than ToneX.

I basically play the file for 3 minutes.... turn a knob, play file for 3 minutes, turn a knob, etc.... I usually do it for a few hours at a time, but once it is done, you have it forever.

I still need to do my Synergy modules. I did them for ToneX, but not NAM. I know those will take forever, but will sound great when I am done because they are some of my favorite ToneX files.

It took me awhile to get a process down, and the boxes to hook up to the signal and such, but it is not bad once you got a system.
 
Doing it is kind of boring, but I actually find NAM goes much faster than ToneX.

I basically play the file for 3 minutes.... turn a knob, play file for 3 minutes, turn a knob, etc.... I usually do it for a few hours at a time, but once it is done, you have it forever.

I still need to do my Synergy modules. I did them for ToneX, but not NAM. I know those will take forever, but will sound great when I am done because they are some of my favorite ToneX files.

It took me awhile to get a process down, and the boxes to hook up to the signal and such, but it is not bad once you got a system.
I see myself capturing maybe 2 settings. I rarely move the tone knobs once dialed in so I wouldn't have the patience to move the dial by 1 for 10 cycles.
 
I see myself capturing maybe 2 settings. I rarely move the tone knobs once dialed in so I wouldn't have the patience to move the dial by 1 for 10 cycles.

I generally do 6 different mid settings, mainly because that covers all the variations I generally want with different guitars and speakers/IRs. Sometimes you need a little more or less with different combinations. I generally dont change any other knob.

Once I got everything wired up, and all the volumes set and everything it is just easier to do some more settings then to tear it all down and set it up again later if you want something else. Might as well do it while everything is hooked up.
 
Back
Top