Another "Which Module" thread...

Szar

...so, lets get down to it.

What module can hit the Alice in Chains Facelift tone? More specifically the song Sunshine...GOD DAMN I love that tone.

Tuff to get a handle on it due to the bass being detuned on the track or octaed. Sounds like a EG5 with a cleaner marshall tone say SL doubled up and has a slight modulation on it. The attack of it sounds SL or SL+ but has the mids of EG5....

I think the song: put you down is a better tone to try to work with what ya think?

Wasn't Facelift using some solid state mosvalve stuff? :confused:

Either way, definitely start with a Superstrat style guitar and a JB in the bridge, like Cantrell.

RockStarNick":1xmicpes said:
Wasn't Facelift using some solid state mosvalve stuff? :confused:

Either way, definitely start with a Superstrat style guitar and a JB in the bridge, like Cantrell.

Im pretty sure it was Marshalls.

Jeff Hilligan":208u5rmz said:
Marshalls with a Fish with a mos valve power amp!
and I believe triple tracked on each side - specifically for low, mids, and highs with those amps.

Good luck with that!

dinoflint":bg29izw1 said:
Jeff Hilligan":bg29izw1 said:
and I believe triple tracked on each side - specifically for low, mids, and highs with those amps.

Good luck with that!
My silent but deadly way to telling customers it ain't gonna happen. We can get the vibe but trying to get tones from recordings is next to impossible.

Jeff Hilligan":3h5evqs8 said:
dinoflint":3h5evqs8 said:
Jeff Hilligan":3h5evqs8 said:

Good luck with that!
My silent but deadly way to telling customers it ain't gonna happen. We can get the vibe but trying to get tones from recordings is next to impossible.

You did an awesome job copping the tone / feel of Slash's tone from Appetite man! LOVE IT! :)

Jeff Hilligan":3pgi50wp said:
dinoflint":3pgi50wp said:
Jeff Hilligan":3pgi50wp said:

Good luck with that!

C'mon, I've been lurking here long enough. You certainly have a "5150 MosFishValve Dual Rectifying 500" module in you, you just need this little push to get it out. That'll take care of the Dirt sound, now for Facelift, it's easier - Bogner Fish.

But the "heaviness" comes from the multi tracking, not the amp. And kind of like Tool, not high gain, just heavy.

dinoflint":1jitte3j said:
Jeff Hilligan":1jitte3j said:
dinoflint":1jitte3j said:
Jeff Hilligan":1jitte3j said:

Good luck with that!

C'mon, I've been lurking here long enough. You certainly have a "5150 MosFishValve Dual Rectifying 500" module in you, you just need this little push to get it out. That'll take care of the Dirt sound, now for Facelift, it's easier - Bogner Fish.

But the "heaviness" comes from the multi tracking, not the amp. And kind of like Tool, not high gain, just heavy.

well I played my triple giant quite a bit tonight for a baseline for his tone. I also had a Randall XTC that I have done a bunch of stuff to and its close to facelift. Gotta spend a bit more time on it with maybe a JB.

Jeff Hilligan":jy9yjeci said:
dinoflint":jy9yjeci said:
dinoflint":jy9yjeci said:

Good luck with that!

well I played my triple giant quite a bit tonight for a baseline for his tone. I also had a Randall XTC that I have done a bunch of stuff to and its close to facelift. Gotta spend a bit more time on it with maybe a JB.

And you havr nothing but time to dedicate to this ;)

Back