Any Aion Tesseract boost (TC preamp clone) DIY project here?

hopkinWFG

Just bought the PCB from Aion effects, as i wondering if there are any DIYers who has this pedal The Tesseract boost done? any pics could show ya wonderful project?

any TC preamp clone geeks here who can attest to which has the closer TC preamp sound? Tesseract boost ? Triangulum? or the Chugga pre preamp ?

I did the Chugga Pre years ago, and the Isoceles last year with the TCPre, 33, and Grind modes. I don't have the Aion version, but I have built several things from them, and their boards are solid.

Out of the 2 I have, I think the Isosceles is better.

I haven't done that one, but I bought a couple of other complete kits (Tremulus Lune and Sonic Maximizer clones) from Aion last year and was really impressed with the quality.

I did the Chugga Pre years ago, and the Isoceles last year with the TCPre, 33, and Grind modes. I don't have the Aion version, but I have built several things from them, and their boards are solid.

Out of the 2 I have, I think the Isosceles is better.
Just curious to know among so many of these TC preamp clone DIY available which is the closest to the original TC preamp tone? interesting to know the Isosceles ... i may wanna do some comparison on the circuit... i be recieving the board soon and i got it just days before they have a 20% discount on all Aion boards... guys can check them out...

Among these... wouldnt the Dirty tree be just a combination of the Chugga pre + (switch) Triangulum ?

Just curious to know among so many of these TC preamp clone DIY available which is the closest to the original TC preamp tone? interesting to know the Isosceles ... i may wanna do some comparison on the circuit... i be recieving the board soon and i got it just days before they have a 20% discount on all Aion boards... guys can check them out...

Among these... wouldnt the Dirty tree be just a combination of the Chugga pre + (switch) Triangulum ?
I would imagine the basic EQ portion would be close on all of them. It is a pretty simple circuit. Many of the modern takes use a TL071 or TL072 instead of the 741 which was in the original since the 741 was much noisier than newer chips. I think one of the original transistors is obsolete now also, so the new versions use a modern equivalent. Also, the original could run off of 9v through 27v, but many people say it sounded better with an 18v or 27v adapter. Since those are a pain to use, most of the DIY clones use a Charge Pump circuit to boost the 9v input up to 18v or 27v. The Isosceles runs 27v internally.

Yeah, basically all of the commercial versions are a take on the same boards that are available DIY.

I just did an Aion Helios last month. It is a Rat with a clipping options switch. I built around 70 pedals in the last year, so I have made tons of stuff from different places, lol.

Back