Any opinions on diezels with hemp cone speakers

METAL MANIAC

Has anyone tried tone tubby speakers with a diezel. I have a 2x12 with tt's in it. Wondering how it might sound?? :confused:. Thanks MM

I haven't tried it but this is relevant to my interests! I own a Diezel 212 RL that I could easily convert into an half-open back with Tone Tubbies. This is the "official Schmidt cab" anyway (I'm playing, yes, a Schmidt). What I am also very interested in is how the TT cab would sound with a high-gainer (Diezels and others), in other words, how versatile it is or if it only covers clean to mid/rock-gain tones really well (thus being perfect for the Schmidt).

sombersoul":2izbos9h said:
I haven't tried it but this is relevant to my interests! I own a Diezel 212 RL that I could easily convert into an half-open back with Tone Tubbies. This is the "official Schmidt cab" anyway (I'm playing, yes, a Schmidt). What I am also very interested in is how the TT cab would sound with a high-gainer (Diezels and others), in other words, how versatile it is or if it only covers clean to mid/rock-gain tones really well (thus being perfect for the Schmidt).

Well, I don't know brother. I was hoping to get some opinions but as you see none so far :dunno:

I have a Schmidt with the matching RL half open back 2x12 Diezel TT ceramic hemp speakers.

There ain't nothing better sounding to my ears.
I have been playing Diezel amps and speaker cabs for over 10 years now. I have 2x12 RL G12-H loaded Diezel cab, and an Einstein combo with a Vintage 30 in it. Prior to that I had both a VH4 and a Herbert.

I don't play metal, but other then that, I play a lot of diverse types of music. The tone from a TT ceramic hemp cab is beyond organic. While it takes about 25-30 hours to break the speakers in, they still sounded amazing to me right from the start.

The trebles are not harsh sounding at all, as with regular paper cones. I compared my other Diezel cab with the broken in G12-H Celestions to the new TT ceramic hemp Schmidt cab when it was new.

The broken in cab that I loved, sounded harsh after listening to the hemp speakers. I never noticed it prior to hearing the difference.

When I play out, I don't use the amp's controls much after setting them flat, but I did try to goose the treble several times and never got an ear-piercing harsh bite from the TT hemps, no matter how high I raised the treble dial. Now after they have been broken in, the speakers keep sounding even more natural and organic. I use an XOX Handle with two hummers in it as my only guitar.

I tried using another speaker cab with the Schmidt, and noticed the difference in tone immediately.

With the Diezel hemp-loaded cab, the Schmidt became more alive, touch sensitive, and organic sounding immediately.

If you haven't tried the Diezel RL TT ceramic hemp cab, you are really doing yourself and the Diezel amp you own a disservice. Your ears will not believe the difference, in a very positive way.

I understand that these cabs might not fit with other Diezel amps for certain styles of music, but I like playing commercial music of all types, and have not found the TT hemp cab to be lacking for anything I play.

Of course, being old and almost deaf, what do I know?! Your experience may vary. However, I trust what Peter and Olaf have told me, as they have far more experience with these speakers then I ever have. Whatever they tell me, I do, without question. But that's just me.

Hi...
I've got the TT Rex Pro, Flexback, you can use it either closed or half Open. Od you play more Rock, Half Open adds a good amount of highs, but the cab can handle full Gain Metal as well. I have two G12 Century NXT Neodymspeaker inside and play it on my Einstein. They are very defined, but have some kind of sound I personally find a bit to .... strange... can not tell better.
For this I will go back to my V30
, this was nice and versatile. :rock:
EDIT : I was Wrong! Nie TT Cabs were asked.... :doh:

C-4.1":9slwgloh said:
I have a Schmidt with the matching RL half open back 2x12 Diezel TT ceramic hemp speakers.

There ain't nothing better sounding to my ears.
I have been playing Diezel amps and speaker cabs for over 10 years now. I have 2x12 RL G12-H loaded Diezel cab, and an Einstein combo with a Vintage 30 in it. Prior to that I had both a VH4 and a Herbert.

I don't play metal, but other then that, I play a lot of diverse types of music. The tone from a TT ceramic hemp cab is beyond organic. While it takes about 25-30 hours to break the speakers in, they still sounded amazing to me right from the start.

The trebles are not harsh sounding at all, as with regular paper cones. I compared my other Diezel cab with the broken in G12-H Celestions to the new TT ceramic hemp Schmidt cab when it was new.

The broken in cab that I loved, sounded harsh after listening to the hemp speakers. I never noticed it prior to hearing the difference.

When I play out, I don't use the amp's controls much after setting them flat, but I did try to goose the treble several times and never got an ear-piercing harsh bite from the TT hemps, no matter how high I raised the treble dial. Now after they have been broken in, the speakers keep sounding even more natural and organic. I use an XOX Handle with two hummers in it as my only guitar.

I tried using another speaker cab with the Schmidt, and noticed the difference in tone immediately.

With the Diezel hemp-loaded cab, the Schmidt became more alive, touch sensitive, and organic sounding immediately.

If you haven't tried the Diezel RL TT ceramic hemp cab, you are really doing yourself and the Diezel amp you own a disservice. Your ears will not believe the difference, in a very positive way.

I understand that these cabs might not fit with other Diezel amps for certain styles of music, but I like playing commercial music of all types, and have not found the TT hemp cab to be lacking for anything I play.

Of course, being old and almost deaf, what do I know?! Your experience may vary. However, I trust what Peter and Olaf have told me, as they have far more experience with these speakers then I ever have. Whatever they tell me, I do, without question. But that's just me.

Thanks for the response but I guess I should have clarified. How do these speakers do for metal high gain playing with a Herbert? Sounds like maybe not so good :confused:

I would email Peter on that one.
The cabs I have read about on here, being built for the Herbert are using K-100 speakers, I think.

METAL MANIAC":38muzbuq said:
Thanks for the response but I guess I should have clarified. How do these speakers do for metal high gain playing with a Herbert? Sounds like maybe not so good :confused:

This is exactly what I'm interested in! I believe C-4.1 about the hempcones and the Schmidt! As I said, once I have another great V30 cab (maybe a Bogner OS 212), I will start experimenting with the Diezel 212. Going all TTs and opening the back is the first logical choice. But this is still somewhat of a future project (several other purchases are in line before that).

I remember reading that the Herbert also sounds good with the hempcones, but this is just repeating what others have said. Maybe it simply gives you a different flavour than V30s.

Here's a video of the Überschall being played into hempcones:

That guy also owns an Einstein. I must say the Über doesn't sound bad at all with a high-gainer! Definitely a particular tone.

Here's a video I found of someone playing a VH-4 through a hempcone cab:

And finally from this forum and most relevant to you a clip of a Herbert MkII played through a hempcone cab:

Maybe it helps. I would love to see more videos or hear actual comparison clips between V30s and hempcones. Anyone? :)

I played an Einstein through hemp cone for a few yeas playing high gain metal. Loved them. FT low mids, and smooth highs, never harsh or piercing. Some say too dark, i say turn up the treble.

sombersoul":jtphww25 said:
METAL MANIAC":jtphww25 said:

This is exactly what I'm interested in! I believe C-4.1 about the hempcones and the Schmidt! As I said, once I have another great V30 cab (maybe a Bogner OS 212), I will start experimenting with the Diezel 212. Going all TTs and opening the back is the first logical choice. But this is still somewhat of a future project (several other purchases are in line before that).

I remember reading that the Herbert also sounds good with the hempcones, but this is just repeating what others have said. Maybe it simply gives you a different flavour than V30s.

Here's a video of the Überschall being played into hempcones:

That guy also owns an Einstein. I must say the Über doesn't sound bad at all with a high-gainer! Definitely a particular tone.

Here's a video I found of someone playing a VH-4 through a hempcone cab:

And finally from this forum and most relevant to you a clip of a Herbert MkII played through a hempcone cab:

Maybe it helps. I would love to see more videos or hear actual comparison clips between V30s and hempcones. Anyone? :)

Thanks for your Help!!!!!!!!! :rock:

Back