Anybody ever filed a dispute with Paypal?

Subclavian

In a nutshell, there is a person that I bought stuff from and I haven't received the item. After repeated attempts to get in touch with him, no dice. You all know the drill..."I got a new job and have been working a ton of hours, etc"

I contacted the prosecuting attorney here and just filed the paperwork in court here today. He recommended I also put in a claim through paypal as well because that will allow us to work out things outside of court.

Quite frankly, I'm not very happy with this seller and want my fucking money back.

sub

Was it an eBay transaction?

In a nutshell it's an irritating process & can take a lot of time & energy.

I posted one on a pedal I had purchased. I never received any e-mails back. I waited over a month with no response. Basically when you file a claim with Pay Pal, they will forward your message or complaint to the seller. They have to respond back. If you do not receive a response over a certain amount of time. I believe Pay Pal refunds your money. In my case the seller responded immediately and offered a 10% refund on my buy. Once I received my item, I than dropped the claim. Do not drop your claim until you receive merchandise, because Pay Pal will not allow you to file a disspute or claim on the same thing. If I was you file a claim with Pay Pal, If you do not receive a response, then you at least have proof you tried everything to get in touch with seller. Just more helpful documentation for your lawyer along with all your e-mails.

MARK1970":18025u4i said:
I posted one on a pedal I had purchased. I never received any e-mails back. I waited over a month with no response. Basically when you file a claim with Pay Pal, they will forward your message or complaint to the seller. They have to respond back. If you do not receive a response over a certain amount of time. I believe Pay Pal refunds your money. In my case the seller responded immediately and offered a 10% refund on my buy. Once I received my item, I than dropped the claim. Do not drop your claim until you receive merchandise, because Pay Pal will not allow you to file a disspute or claim on the same thing. If I was you file a claim with Pay Pal, If you do not receive a response, then you at least have proof you tried everything to get in touch with seller. Just more helpful documentation for your lawyer along with all your e-mails.

True - for a low dollar transaction.

Someone scammed a bunch of people on mtsforum via a supposedly hijacked forum account. I filed a PayPal claim for non-delivery and detailed the scam and received my money back within 10 days.

Others weren't so lucky, since it was first come, first served on refunds from the account in question. I think this was actually one of the few transactions I paid cash for too..so no recourse to credit card chargeback.

Can't remember exact value..$145 maybe.

well,i had a dispute filed,once,with Paypal for a Soldano Hot Rod 50 head that i bought off Ebay.the amp was listed in "excellent condition/near mint".after i asked the seller a question to see if there were ANY tears or nicks anywhere on the tolex material,he responded back saying "amp is in absolutely super-shape".the seller had about 60 ebay transactions,both buying & selling,and had a 100% positive feedback score.so,i bid higher than i normally would have,seeing that it was a 1992 model year amp head in the condition that it was "claimed" to be...long story-short,i won the amp,paid for it minutes after the auction ended and received it within about 4-5 days.as i opened the box up,to my surpise,that headshell had 4-5 large tolex "gouges",down to the damn wood,all located on different areas of the amp.i was f**kin' pissed,as you can imagine...excellent/near mint condition & super shape,no way! after several attempts to contact the seller,thru the original ebay auction,i never heard back once.i,then proceded to contact Ebay about the situation.since i payed thru Paypal,they dumped it in their lap.i wrote a detailed,lengthy complaint and offered to send photos of my ligitimate concern.Paypal,then forwarded to the seller,my detailed complaint.about 3-4 days later,Paypal forwarded the seller's response to me,indicating "the amp head was never listed as having NO tolex tears",nor did he ever contact me,via ebay message,specifically saying that the amp had NO tears on it.seller claimed the 1992 model was considered "vintage" and that anyone that knows anything about "vintage" gear knows that a 10 year old vintage amp will not be perfect and that i was just making a big deal out of nothing.man,if i could have flown out to Maryland,i would have found this guy & shoved this amp head down his throat! :gethim: anyways,i had re-indicated,to Paypal,that i could send detailed photos of these tolex gouges,of which ranged in size from a dime to a friggin' quarter.Paypal e-mailed me,again,indicating that they would come to a decision,regarding my claim,within 30 days,from the date that i filed the complaint,and if any other information was needed from me,they would let me know...well,finally,on the afternoon of the 29th day,i was contacted with a "final judgment"...Paypal had ruled,in favor of THE SELLER,stating that,after reviewing the claim,Paypal had come to the conclusion that the amp,that i purchased,was NOT received "significantly other than as stated"...what a pile of crap! Paypal made this decision,having not seen the amp's cosmetic condition at all...pretty sad,folks!!! so,that was my ONE experience with Paypal's claim system... :thumbsdown: bigtime!!!

Yeah and I'm still trying to deal with mine. I bought a caparison applehorn on ebay several months ago for $825. It's the one previously owned by Pete and Mark...anyway, same story with the guy not responding to messages so I opened a dispute and then went to a claim. Paypal only sent me back $200 and said they will "try" to get the balance of $625 from the seller.

4nkam":1q87w1ul said:
Yeah and I'm still trying to deal with mine. I bought a caparison applehorn on ebay several months ago for $825. It's the one previously owned by Pete and Mark...anyway, same story with the guy not responding to messages so I opened a dispute and then went to a claim. Paypal only sent me back $200 and said they will "try" to get the balance of $625 from the seller.

If you paid with a credit card & you have fraud protection on it call them & report a fraud, they'll refund your money. Don't hope for paypal to do anything. They only refund if the money is on seller's paypal balance, otherwise you get the "protected" amount (in your case 200$) & that's it.

Like I've said, for low dollar transactions it's easy, otherwise I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Good luck with your dispute(s).

I have filed two claims with PayPal.

The first was on a boxed set of picture LPs that was something like $40 (a long, long time ago and I don't remember the cost). Ordered it from an online shop and never received anything via e-mail or anything sent an e-mail after 10 days, never heard back. Sent another e-mail after another ten days saying if I didn't hear back in 48 hours I'd file a claim with Paypal... Still, nothing. Filed the claim and within a week I had an apologetic e-mail from the shop and the money back in my account. Apparently the shop didn't have the item in stock and repeatedly forgot to let me know about it (BS, I think, but oh well).

Second time wasn't so lucky, bought a CD online for $14 with shipping. Nothing ever arrived. E-mailed a couple times, nothing.. Filed a claim. Waited... PayPal ruled in favor of me but there weren't any funds present in the other account so they couldn't give me anything. Pissed me off.

Back