Anybody here try the Suhr Aldrich bridge pickup.

I have one in a strat, and one in an LP. The one in the LP is coming out, it doesn't sound bad at all but its just too much for that guitar imo, so I'm putting in something with a little less oomph. Seems to be very well suited in the strat.

The Aldrich bridge model is in my top 5 favorite pickups of all time list. That thing does it all for me. It KILLS in my '87 Kramer.

I haven’t played one but all of the clips of the Aldrich pickup make every guitar sound nearly identical regardless of what they’re installed in. I just don’t like it enough over a Gibson 496/498, Duncan distortion, or a Tonezone.
They sound ok, but I hated the feel of the pickup. It was too touch sensitive for my playing style I guess.

Great pickup! It is especially good in single cut guitars as is the BKP Rebel Yell and BKP Black Dog. I have the Aldrich pickups in various Les Pauls and PRS Single Cuts. I also had a Suhr Standard that had those in it and it was amazing as well. I don't think it would do as well in a super bright guitar. It is a very balanced pickup and rolls off well. It has nice attack and articulation and cooperates nicely with your picking hand. It will put out nicely what you put into it IMO. Everybody should at least try them in one of their guitars. :)

I had one in a Masterbuilt tele that I had a couple of years bak and it was amazing sounding with that pickup.

I have the Aldrichs in three of my guitars. To me, they are warm, fat and clear. The have a bit of compression, but nothing like a Duncan Distortion. They smack the front end of you amp in a very pleasing way. They have a mid range growl to them that works great with Marshall style amps.
I’ve heard Joel’s guitars with the Aldrich. Made me go home mad. Great LP pickups

I have the hot set in my seven string carvin. The comments above reflect my thoughts on this pickup which is good but for some reason I always go back to a Duncan SH 5.

Back