Anybody own/played recent Korean Jacksons??

napalmdeath

So, I've had about 3 Jacksons on my radar a year+. Firstly, they're kinda pricey, and second, I've read/saw videos of horrid QC. Oddly, this is World Music-made stuff, which has always been held in pretty high regards. I've owned some ESP's and Schecters from there, and the Schecters, in particular, have been near MIJ quality.

So, are they losing it across the board? I see alot of horror stories about Ola's Solars too. Do they have a hard-on for anybody other than ESP/Jackson? All the current Ash Charvels, and some of their DKs were MIK too..

I've been looking at this especially. Buying from from MF already makes me cringe, but its an exclusive.. German Floyd too... https://www.musiciansfriend.com/gui...naHKLelZSVSi_uMPusI9llMFpLDW1vtRoCuC4QAvD_BwE

Last edited:
no way. maybe I'm out of touch but that's a lot of fuckin money for not even MIJ...imo...
It is. The other is the Wildcard SL2. They were $1799, (now discontinued, go figure). I'm actually about to buy one, I found a crazy deal. It also has a German Floyd, and the more desirable, (for me), Fishman Fluence Moderns vs EMG's. It's pretty hot. This is the guitar, but I've talked to the seller at pretty good length, and they sent me an offer that's pretty hard to not add to cart and go. https://reverb.com/item/39078124-ne...2p-poplar-soloist-limited-edition-guitar-2631

fuck that's USA money dude...The last one I bought was a mij dk2 that I got price matched for like 300 bucks from zzounds. damn. I like the 2nd one the most bro...

I had a korean jackson. After i changed out the pickup and rewired (put new pots output), It was every bit as good as my custom shop. Loved the guitar. Hated the ugly fucking design on it. Sold it to some douche musician in LA

Fuck am I the only one who hates the truss rod wheel?? what the hell was wrong with a wrench or allen Key at the headstock??

I bought a RR from Jackson back in 1988. It is a USA model. When I tried a few MIK Jacksons recently they were junk in comparison.

BTW, I've never needed to adjust the truss rod in my Jackson in 34 years. If you need a wheel to adjust the truss because it needs to be adjusted all the time, um, I don't think that is necessary on most good guitars, only junk guitar makers would think to put something like that on a guitar. I'd stay away from the MIK junk.

i probably think the MIJ jackson stars from the early 2000s are worth every penny if you could find 1 used... thats probably the closest jackson imports you could ever find !

Back