Anybody using one of these Line6 DT amps?

ratter

On the prowl for a new home amp. Mostly late night mouse fart volumes. The Line6 DT25 has me intrigued. The official demo videos sound great.

Other contenders are the mini mesas, the mini bogners, soldano astroverb, budda 18, badger 18, etc.

Primary tone want is a vintage gain that cleans up well with the guitar volume. Versatility beyond that is bonus.

I'm interested in the DT's, too; I've seen a bunch of positive reviews, and the one at Lugo's shootout sounded really good.

jcj":12pl0q2g said:
I'm interested in the DT's, too; I've seen a bunch of positive reviews, and the one at Lugo's shootout sounded really good.

I don't remember seeing it in the shootout vids...I'll have to go look again...

the clean and bluesy tones are really good.
The high gain is a cool lead tone if kind of generic. Hated the Marshall channel.

I like the recto or Budda

ratter":15vewj2h said:
jcj":15vewj2h said:

I don't remember seeing it in the shootout vids...I'll have to go look again...

Don't know if it made the video, but it sounded good in person.

Im looking into one also.

I have the Pro Hd rack unit now and hooked it up 4cm to my Mk III and was really impressed. At night I plug into the headphone jack, add an amp block, leave the mesa off and jam or record. Headphones make a difference, cheaper ones will sound buzzy/fizzy sounding. I use some brand my son bought for recording and it sounds great.

I don't really get it. I mean, I know the POD is a compromise, I'm trading in tone for versatility and portability. If I going to use an amp, I'll just use an amp.

I recently received a DT50 combo. And to be honest, I havent touched my Dual Recto in weeks. It sounds shockingly good. Fender cleans, Marshall crunch, Vox glass and Recto Metal. All in one.

With a POD HD through it, it's unbeatable in a home studio settings. All the POD's high end fizz disappears when put through the tube section of the DT. My next few videos will be demoing the POD HD/DT50 together. Should be fun!

threadkiller":3w63l52b said:
I don't really get it. I mean, I know the POD is a compromise, I'm trading in tone for versatility and portability. If I going to use an amp, I'll just use an amp.

I'm not sure what you don't get? I'm talking about the DT (amp) and its merits as an amp. Particularly at home/low volume.

fluff191":gnda19lm said:
I recently received a DT50 combo. And to be honest, I havent touched my Dual Recto in weeks. It sounds shockingly good. Fender cleans, Marshall crunch, Vox glass and Recto Metal. All in one.

With a POD HD through it, it's unbeatable in a home studio settings. All the POD's high end fizz disappears when put through the tube section of the DT. My next few videos will be demoing the POD HD/DT50 together. Should be fun!

That's good to hear. Looking forward to the vids...

Back