Anyone else dig Marc Ford?

Telephant

I just downloaded Marc Ford & The Neptune Blues Club. Great stuff. I loved Weary and Wired. Awesome raunchy fuzz tones from Marc. :rock:

I loved him with the Crowes. Still like his guitar playing and tones but his vocal style doesn't do anything for me at all.

Just amazing in a band, apparently. He really grooves. Those long live jams with the Crowes were epic and just perfect in every way. He's certainly a master of that domain. So I'm a big fan as a result.

Yes

he's the first guy i've mixed live in eons that did some actual extended bluesy soloing in a true improvy yet heroey kinda way--melodic storytelling lines instead of autopilot patterns

mentoneman":16wovycr said:
Yes

he's the first guy i've mixed live in eons that did some actual extended bluesy soloing in a true improvy yet heroey kinda way--melodic storytelling lines instead of autopilot patterns
Did he rock an Octavia? I love when he rocks it. It makes me warm and fuzzy inside. :D

I can understand not liking his vocals. Hell, I hate my own vocals. But I've come to love them. Its the honesty and desperation in them that makes me feel "I can do it too." I know, Im a fanboy. : :LOL: :LOL:

Marc Ford = :thumbsup:

He's one of the many somewhat "Under The Radar" guy's I really dig! A couple more are:

Dan Toler - Greg Allman
Greg Martin - Kentucky Headhunders

End of the reunion tour Henry Fonda Theater.
I think Bob Savage was with me that night, was killer show.
Mark was so on that night.
crowes3.jpg

abba11.jpg

Telephant":3do2rsjk said:
mentoneman":3do2rsjk said:
Yes

Did he rock an Octavia? I love when he rocks it. It makes me warm and fuzzy inside. :D

I can understand not liking his vocals. Hell, I hate my own vocals. But I've come to love them. Its the honesty and desperation in them that makes me feel "I can do it too." I know, Im a fanboy. : :LOL: :LOL:

He had a analogman sunlion, a trex delay, and a teese wah that was weirding out so the next day I gave him an old vox Italian wah i had teese mod for true bypass and he ripped on it!
And he played a little scheiner? 1x12 combo that was a tweed deluxe clone

mentoneman":2m8el8zu said:
He had a analogman sunlion, a trex delay, and a teese wah that was weirding out so the next day I gave him an old vox Italian wah i had teese mod for true bypass and he ripped on it!
And he played a little scheiner? 1x12 combo that was a tweed deluxe clone

I think that was a Schreyer Sage 14.

Back