Anyone had issues with ordering from Metropoulos Amplification?

LuptonM

Hi all,

Recently I order some transformers from Metropoulos Amplificationy to use in a valve storm build.

I didn't hear anything for ages in terms of when the order was dispatched so tried to contact the email twice but still no response.

I only got a response when making a paypal claim and he agreed to refund. However the refund never came and the case has expired as I was waiting for a reply.

Has anyone else had any issues with this seller?

I ordered a choke from him. Took ages. Emailed several times no response. Only after I opened a paypal claim did he reach out. The choke was only 40 bucks but I needed it to finish my build so it set me back a few weeks. I did get my money back but I did not close my case until after he refunded me.

This was my first and last experience with them

Reactions: lll
I would imagine raw materials for transformers might be an issue right now pushing production times, Magentic Components closed up shop this past year. Last year George posted a video stating that with the current business market he wasn't sure if Metropolous was going to be around much longer.

I'm sorry you did not get your order you should have pushed for your refund while the case was active.

In the years past George was always a stand up and honest business owner and I spent alot of money with George over the years and always got spectacular customer service and communication.

Now health issues and an severe downturn in business could affect that past stellar performance and we have all seen that happen over the years with amp and guitar builders. I'm sure he has no intention of ripping people off but again sometimes desparate situations have a way of affecting people, I know he has two kids and a ex-wife to pay for. I'm sad to hear this current news.

You should get your refund from Metro and order direct from Valvestorm or Heyboer if George does not have the product in hand to deliver.

His business has been basically gone for a year now. As I understand, quite a few people got scammed for amps. Paid up front, didn’t receive an amp.
WOW! say it isn't so Dave. This is sad news indeed.... I was wishing the best for George.

I am really sorry to hear this. I had limited dealings with George, but he was just fantastic at the time. None of that improves the OP’s current situation. But it is sad when life circumstances wind up like this.

George is one of the good guys. I will always give him the benefit of the doubt. It's sad that his health and business took a downturn shortly after he got some new workshop space. I got one of his new Head Masters and it's been great, as was his communication.

Well it's not looking good for my $400 order then 😅

He's still posting on Facebook quite often and is still travelling to guitar shows and that, so he must be capable of replying to emails

I want to give George the benefit of the doubt so I really hate to say this but you are going to have to somehow either get your credit card company involved hopefully you paid by credit card and notify Paypal to clawback your money since he never shipped the transformers and had agreed to refund you in full.

Maybe send him an email or message on Facebook, I'm sure he would like to keep it private once you contact him so maybe be a little discreet on how you approach him on facebook.

I think George is genuinely a good person and should do the right thing, I would be shocked if he has gone rogue screwing people out of their money but things happen I guess and if it has what a sad turn of events.

Unfortunately if you have ever dealt with the family court system they do not care that your business has fallen on hard times and the court still keep the alimony and child support going full force regardless of your circumstances.

Here's what I do know:

Once Upon A Time On The Internet...

Metro forum was a cool place.

Then Geo., who apparently is a piss-poor judge of character (that's giving benefit of the doubt), allowed his assmaggot cronies to run the show.

In a span of maybe 5 years, Metro had alienated hundreds of forumites; the majority.

The place has been a ghost town for last 5 years or so; undoubtedly this played a major role in putting sales to a crawl.

Actions have consequences.

I bought a 12k series Plexi that George himself built from a guy on TGP. It was modded at one time and the guy had it at Georges place to bring it back to stock and give it a once over. Guy needed some cash so decided to sell it and the caveat being George would do any work/mod to the amp while its there and then ship it to new owner directly.

I bought it being pretty psyched as I was looking for one that George had built personally, and also the fact I wanted a mod done and wouldnt have to pay to ship it. Emailed him and called and nothing. Spoke to the guy who I bought it from and he reached out to him and he said he was really busy. He finally emails me back and says yea he could do the mod when he gets a break. Ok I figure.. no problem.

Week goes by and nothing... email..nothing...left messages... nothing.. I get people are busy but now I'm pretty pissed with no update and zero communication. I hear from him at some point with hes busy...blah blah... says next week. Just about 4 weeks later and me threatening to open a Paypal claim on the guy I bought it from did he just send me the amp untouched. All the while the guy I bought it from was aware of what was going on and had a falling out with George over this. All in all this was the BEST thing to happen because I hooked up with Monomyth and the rest is history, Oh yea, turns out the amp actually had some stuff wrong with it that Shea had to fix before he modded it. I was all set to pull the trigger on a DV-L after this amp but now that ship has sailed...and sunk!

Didn't the Metro Forums have the Atomica Saga on it? I read that whole thing. It was really cool how they found thee amp in a pile of amps..

What are these health problems?? I thought he was a relatively young guy..

Didn't the Metro Forums have the Atomica Saga on it? I read that whole thing. It was really cool how they found thee amp in a pile of amps..

I used to follow his facebook. Im sure he's a nice guy but his page reads like a hypochondriac. He gets a cold and goes on about it for weeks. His back hurts, or his neck, and he goes on about it for weeks. Kind of unprofessional stuff to post about on your business page daily.

Isn’t that the story about Cameron finding that amp, after his boss bought all of Jose A’s amps from his family after Jose passed? I remember Chub(Curt) telling that story...he mapped out the circuit and later went to buy the amp but the store owner had it returned to stock!

Isn’t that the story about Cameron finding that amp, after his boss bought all of Jose A’s amps from his family after Jose passed? I remember Chub(Curt) telling that story...he mapped out the circuit and later went to buy the amp but the store owner had it returned to stock!
Ya, right. According to the story, Jose's family sold a bunch of Marshalls (that didn't belong to them) to a random store, and then they all just disappeared. All stories involving Cameron involve disappearing. Disappearing amps, money, Cameron himself, etc...

Ya, right. According to the story, Jose's family sold a bunch of Marshalls (that didn't belong to them) to a random store, and then they all just disappeared. All stories involving Cameron involve disappearing. Disappearing amps, money, Cameron himself, etc...
Well, this came from Curt(Chubtone) who’s a pretty trustworthy guy. YMMV.

I searched Atomica on that forum and really got nothing. I think I looked for it before this after the fact but it was wiped away??

Back