Anyone have UPS lose a package?

Webb

So I bought a used Boss TAE off Reverb a few weeks ago. UPS tracking showed it was out for delivery on Monday, 6/8. However, I was there all day and no attempt at delivery was made. The next day tracking just said “delivery status not available. Please check back later”. Here we are almost 2 weeks later and still nothing.

The seller has been in communication with me throughout and has opened a claim with UPS. They are currently investigating but it’s not looking good. Anyone ever have this happen as either a buyer or a seller? What happens next? And what are the chances it turns up at this point?

I have had UPS deliver my package to the house across the street. It got sorted because honest neighbor.

Delivery drivers, at least amazon, are often required to photograph the photo of the package on your door step. I imagine drivers stealing merchandise is a big problem.

What do you mean, its not looking good? Do you mean they believe it was delivered to your house? Porch pirates are a big problem these days.

I got an amp sent to me from a Mesa Hollywood that never got delivered. Somehow it got lost in transit. I just notified them that it never made it to me and they sent me a new one. I was hoping eventually I would get two but it never happened. ?

void pig":22cog5jz said:
I have had UPS deliver my package to the house across the street. It got sorted because honest neighbor.

Delivery drivers, at least amazon, are often required to photograph the photo of the package on your door step. I imagine drivers stealing merchandise is a big problem.

What do you mean, its not looking good? Do you mean they believe it was delivered to your house? Porch pirates are a big problem these days.

UPS doesn’t show delivery at all. I’m thinking it’s just lost somewhere. But not sure what the chances are that they will be able to locate it.

Simple. Get a refund, tell them it was never delivered. Not complicated.

After a "few weeks", that would be my course of action. Sucks for the seller, but, they can demand a refund from UPS as well.

yes and then the package was put on some unknown to me at the time auction some other duder got my amp and then tried to sell it to me at a hefty mark up, even though at auction he got it for 800 dollars, this was with full understanding that it's a fucked system, hence his getting the amp at auction, i didn't even get the full insurance for the amp, it was an FBM, by the notorious dar amplification, ummm i did piss the dude off a bit because at the time i was going through what one might call a complete mental breakdown that lasted about 2 years

i believe someone on this forum owns it currently sadly i couldn't afford my own amp back and probably never will, or not in at least a few years, glad someone has it that's a dar head, but otherwise god fucking damnit fuck shit blowhead fucker faces

it was jesus fucking a christ on a bag of dicks that sucked more balls than the universe could contain

lost a fucking amp?????SD>FAD>S< REALLY WTF?

it was out for delivery then literally disapperared, like the tracking just said uhhh we don't konw, it's at some facility, than no one could tell me where the fuck it was, then magically showed up in some random person's hands,

amazing amright?

napalmdeath":1nj80zad said:
Simple. Get a refund, tell them it was never delivered. Not complicated.

After a "few weeks", that would be my course of action. Sucks for the seller, but, they can demand a refund from UPS as well.

That’s the thing - I could request a refund but I got a pretty good deal on it. I guess I’m hoping any day now it just magically shows up on my front porch.

I've never had an issue with any shipping company. Maybe something arrived a day later than expected for whatever reason but that's about it. I guess I'm lucky. :dunno:

IHateRap":3t25ymum said:
I've never had an issue with any shipping company. Maybe something arrived a day later than expected for whatever reason but that's about it. I guess I'm lucky. :dunno:

That’s been my experience until now. I’ve heard of shipping nightmares before but this is a first for me.

Only problems I've had was with USPS. They lose stuff, then tell you "sorry, tough shit". I've had several of those..

UPS is the worst shipping company. They lost a Mesa boogie road ready 4X12 cabinet! It took at least 40 hours of phone bullshit to get my insurance money out of them. Then they lost a Jackson neck, they said it was damaged in an accident, they paid faster but it was still a hassle seeing as I paid for insurance both times and they still wanted proof of value. I sold both items through Reverb and eBay and showed them the fucking proof.

Asswipes.

I bought a brand new guitar from Guitar Center. Same thing happened. Never received it and it took GC 3 weeks to refund me. I had the same thing happen with a TV I bought off of Amazon. Vanishes without a trace! What I think happens is the package gets hammered and who ever hammered it chucks the box somewhere.

I ALWAYS require a signature when I sell. When I receive, it goes to my UPS box. Never had an issue. Even with a $30 sale I include the cost of the signature in the shipping price for the buyer. Also fully insure things.

Mine is just minor but UPS lost a video game for my little guy that he has been wanting for a while for his birthday. It has taken more than a month and a half to have the retailer work with UPS to get a claim going. I notified the retailer through eBay that I would like a return. I notified UPS through a claim as well.

Good luck to anyone that has this happen. UPS up here used to be great but they have had some changes over the past 2 years and I have noticed their service is to the point where I would never ship anything with them and avoid using them for anything that is coming up this way. I do realize that this can happen with any service but this is the third incident for me over the past couple of years. I guess I just got lucky.

Sometimes stuff takes so long you get refunded or get it replaced and the first one shows up anyways! But obviously it's different with private transactions.

I shipped a custom shop strat, UPS called me from the Chicago hub. The packaging had been damaged/lost. They called Fender, who called the store I bought it from and they gave them my info. A couple more hiccups, but it made it to they buyer.

I prettu much stopped shipping large or very expensive things. Maybe so I didn't get bit in the ass.

Also I no longer sell on Reverb, so most is local. Rarely something will end up on ebay, but that's about it

Years ago I had UPS lose a 4x12 shipped from Guitar Center. It went Out for Delivery but never showed up.

I called and asked how they lose a giant 90 lbs box, particularly once it's already loaded on the delivery truck, but they really had no explanation. A week later the 4x12 showed up at my door. Very strange.

Back