Anyone here still rocking their Baron amps?

kylendm

I took some time off from playing for a few months and just plugged back into my Baron K88. This thing never fails to sound crushing. Anyone else still rocking theirs?
Here's a clip I just did. It's so fun chugging away on this thing.

Last edited:
Kylemdm always posts tasty clips.

Wish I had scored a Baron amp when I was collecting/trying everything I could get my hands on.

311splawndude":3a8gjc1g said:
rottingcorpse":3a8gjc1g said:
Yeah he does. Way to go Kyle and good to see you again!

rottingcorpse":3a8gjc1g said:

Wish I had scored a Baron amp when I was collecting/trying everything I could get my hands on.

Thanks guys. And good seeing you around stil 311! :cheers:

I owned two Snott Watts once and I really regret selling both of them. I'm just glad I never had to sell the big guy.

I added a little extra to the clip, some more riffy stuff for context and a nice thick chuggy ending.

https://soundcloud.com/kylendm/oof-20

Man I really wanted a Baron when he was producing them fairly regularly, but could never get the cash together. K88 was high on my list.

Thanks guys. I always thought the K88 was pretty underrated, that's why I tried pushing them so much haha. It honestly sounds great with V30s and K100 speakers. This clip was a blend of 60/40 V30 and K100 respectively. There actually wasn't a boost on this clip either but I had the gain relatively low at 10:30.

My favorite thing about the amp is a feature I didn't add until later which was the mid shape/contour knob. I saw Dave added it to the amps later on and had to have it.

Great clip.. .I still own 2 Barons, 1 KT88 and 1 Bogner XTC -type/clone. Love them and rotate thru them with many other great amps I own.

Eric

I love my K88 DHG. I bought on here quite some time ago and when I got it, it sounded like ass. I just let it sit for probably a year give or take and then decided I may just sell it. Before I finalized that decision though, I knew I had to have it checked out so I took it to my guy as at a minimum I knew the bias was too cold and who knows what else. Thanksfully, all it needed was a bias adjustment and a couple preamp tubes so now it rips and I am so glad I kept it as it is one of my favorite amps I have owned. My guy works on just about everything and he highly praised the build quality.

Maybe I will add a clip here or something. I run mine through the two cabs in my signature. It is a damn shame they are not made anymore.

stompboxfreak72":209p92e2 said:
I could not sell my Barron Kt88 fast enough. Would not cut through a mix. Sounded great as a bedroom amp but failed miserably live.

Hmm that’s really odd . I had a B60 and M60 and the other guitarist had a DSL100 and he complained that all he heard all night was my amp

People (musicians)in the crowd always asked what it was cause my guitar sound was so prominent
Maybe it was the KT88?

I still have my B60, B60 and K2 SE. No plans to sell any of them. They all make the it into the casual rotation for my bedroom playing.

Back