Anyone Remember These Guys

glip22

I thought they had some killer rhythms. Not much ever mentioned about them. Raw tone as well.

yeah man I really dig them. One of the songs off the beg to differ album was the theme song on headbangers ball

Do not have to remember, I still listen them..
Tommy Victor :rock: :rock: :rock:

Even though Cleansing is my favorite album, Rude Awakening and Power of the Damager were pretty good too..

They also did a killer remake of London Dungeon by the The Misfits on a Misfits tribute album.. :thumbsup:
His guitar work on Danzig Circle of Snakes is pretty good too.. 1000 Devils Reign :rock:

Love the Guitar on Cleansing though :rock: :rock: :rock:

Ahh. Cool. I never know if I post certain things if I'm going to get flamed for it. I was into these guys. I thought they wrote some complex guitar sections. My Wife even digs them now. :thumbsup:

glip22":2im40mzm said:
Ahh. Cool. I never know if I post certain things if I'm going to get flamed for it. I was into these guys. I thought they wrote some complex guitar sections. My Wife even digs them now. :thumbsup:

Tommy Victor is one my fav metal guitar players he always seems to write and arrange for what is best for the song IMO Anyways..

Good band to see live too...

My g.f. got into them after hearing me listen to them, she blasts Cleansing so loud I do not even want to sit in her car,. :LOL: :LOL:

I actually got to jam with Tommy several times. When I first moved to L.A. I auditioned for guitar with them. They called me back several times to help audition bass players. They didn't have a deal at the time and were planning a 2 month tour - I wasn't gonna leave my job for that just because they didn't really have that much going on. Tommy was very cool - I'll never forget the 1st time I jammed with them - he was super nice, walked in wearing some hawaiian shirt, bermuda shorts and sandals - not what I expected! :LOL: :LOL:

dstroud":30gx0dj8 said:
I actually got to jam with Tommy several times. When I first moved to L.A. I auditioned for guitar with them. They called me back several times to help audition bass players. They didn't have a deal at the time and were planning a 2 month tour - I wasn't gonna leave my job for that just because they didn't really have that much going on. Tommy was very cool - I'll never forget the 1st time I jammed with them - he was super nice, walked in wearing some hawaiian shirt, bermuda shorts and sandals - not what I expected! :LOL: :LOL:

What year was that??
What gear was he using at the time??

Thanks Bros. Some good posts. That's cool you jammed with them Darren. Underrrated group ; never sold out.

:rock: Cleansing is the only album I have but I like it a lot. How many do they have and what else do I need to get?

Gsxrbusa":bo4yb1uc said:
:rock: Cleansing is the only album I have but I like it a lot. How many do they have and what else do I need to get?

Rude Awakening, Power of the Damager and Prove you wrong..

Cleansing is so fucking awesome because Terry Date produced it same with Rude Awakening :rock: :rock:
Dude recorded most all of my favorite guitar tones..

OldSkoolNJ":1yinjr67 said:
Gsxrbusa":1yinjr67 said:

Cleansing is so fucking awesome because Terry Date produced it same with Rude Awakening :rock: :rock:

:rock: I need to check em out. Thanks.

Gsxrbusa":2mu6lqn6 said:
OldSkoolNJ":2mu6lqn6 said:
Gsxrbusa":2mu6lqn6 said:

:rock: I need to check em out. Thanks.

Prove you Wrong is a lot different sounding compared to Cleansing

Prove you wrong album song Unconditional :rock:

Rude Awakening album Rude Awakening.. :rock:

Here is that awesome remake of the Misfits London Dungeon by Prong :rock:

OldSkoolNJ":1plv1o56 said:
dstroud":1plv1o56 said:

What year was that??

This was in 2002. The 1st time I went he was using a JCM900 with a Marshall 1960A. At the next rehearsal his manager brought in an old Marshall 8100 Valvestate and a couple Carvin 2x12's - he was much happier with that setup. He was using an NS-2 in front of the amp - at that time I'd never seen anyone use the noise gate as more of an effect - that dead stop after you hit a chord - it was really cool! I can't remember the guitar.

dstroud":bcn1bw0p said:
OldSkoolNJ":bcn1bw0p said:
dstroud":bcn1bw0p said:

What year was that??

This was in 2002. The 1st time I went he was using a JCM900 with a Marshall 1960A. At the next rehearsal his manager brought in an old Marshall 8100 Valvestate and a couple Carvin 2x12's - he was much happier with that setup. He was using an NS-2 in front of the amp - at that time I'd never seen anyone use the noise gate as more of an effect - that dead stop after you hit a chord - it was really cool! I can't remember the guitar.

Ah cool yeh I saw him use that Valvestate head in the 90's during Cleansing.. I think it was a Marshall Plexi during Prove you wrong..
Then later on a Crate head too...

Back