Anyone try omega 4x12 cabs ?

I love mine. But it is moreso how well it is built, and less sonic quality. It sounds great, but I had a randall XL that probably sounded as good that was $150 loaded. I don't know if there is magic in the baffle, but it is a good cab. I heard all kinds of things about how well they project and stuff. I think it is a really big cab that can hold down the floor really well.

Yeah, I guess it's just one of those GAS things where I HAVE to try it lol.

I honestly have really nice cabs and am pretty set.

I have 2 Omega 412 cabs. I liked the first one so much, I bought a second. But I am not running the Omega speakers. I wasn't a big fan of those. Mine are loaded with Celestion Redbacks. They are great sounding, very balanced cabs. They have a punch to them where comparing against my Vader with the same speakers, the Vader has a massive low end and more brutal sound.

Honestly the oversized Mills sounds it’s best with wall of sound amps lIke Rectos, Ubers, VH4 and the like. I had one for years and it just didn’t jive with focussed amps like Wizards, Mesa Marks or even the Larry.
Interesting, maybe my GAS is for naught, then.

At least with my dino, it sounds good through EVERY cab I've ever tried with it, but seems to prefer 4x12s with celestions, especially greenback/blackback etc style speakers

I was honestly shocked at how good it sounds with my vented t75 1960b, but I guess I shouldn't be since they are supposed to be close to the blackbacks they share a magnet with.

Honestly the oversized Mills sounds it’s best with wall of sound amps lIke Rectos, Ubers, VH4 and the like. I had one for years and it just didn’t jive with focussed amps like Wizards, Mesa Marks or even the Larry.
That could be true. I kinda feel like it sounds better with a lazer focused amp. I know i had the perfect death metal rig before it, and it would definitely bring the chuggs like no other, but it comes alive with the wizard; especially with the Annies i just threw in.

Back