Anyone Try WGS SPEAKERS???

Kage!

Sup Bro... Just Chillin trying to decide what I want to load my new 67' Pinstripe cab with... Hoping someone here has tried these speakers...

:thumbsup:

T

I own the WGS 75 watters. They sound better than the stock Celestion 75's (less ice pick, warmer). I like them!

I have their Vet 30s and ET65 in my Mills Acoustics cab. I think they're great. I bought the Vet30s 4 years ago when they were just starting out. They were $21 each at the time.

Good speakers..I'll actually be posting and selling 1 WGS V30 here shortly. $50 shipped, paypald gift....stay tuned and check back monday if you're interested.

Cory

I believe "troublehead" from the forum here is a big fan of these speakers. He's tried quite a few of them.

I have owned the WGS Green Berets. Tried the WGS Vet 30 (my buddy owns one). Currently have 2 WGS ET65's I use with my Marshall Silver Jubilee. I have been very impressed with the speakers I have tried so far. The main complaint on the Vet30 I have seen is that it doesn't have the bite of a Vintage 30, which in a mix some people like. Don't overlook the Retro30 from WGS....

I've owned the 65s, the GBs, Reapers, and both Vin30 knock offs (Vet 30s and Retro 30s). It's been a while, but I think I liked the Reapers and both versions of the Vin30s the best. The Veteran 30s are darker, tighter, less mud and less of that mid spike of the Vintage 30s. The Retro 30s have even less of that mid spike and are tighter than the Vet 30s while bringing back some of the highs the Veteran 30 took away.

i own the 2 reapers and 2 et65 in a X pattern and love them.. great speakers...

blackba":1a2hxkec said:
I have owned the WGS Green Berets. Tried the WGS Vet 30 (my buddy owns one). Currently have 2 WGS ET65's I use with my Marshall Silver Jubilee. I have been very impressed with the speakers I have tried so far. The main complaint on the Vet30 I have seen is that it doesn't have the bite of a Vintage 30, which in a mix some people like. Don't overlook the Retro30 from WGS....

BB,

Point Well Taken on the Lack Of Bite the Vet 30 might have... I heard a Clip of them, and they sounded smoother, and fuller than a V30, but that "BITE" Is factored into my Tone, and without it, It might sound too lame :confused:

Thanks for the Input...

Tried MC90's BTW I know you have also... Too much upper mids for me... The CL80 is More Scooped, and works better for me... Mine were labeled G12-80's from 2005 very melodic, and sweet though..

Thanks,

Roid RAGE

Back