Anyone use slat wall setups for hanging guitars?

Matt300ZXT

I'm considering just getting some slat wall Hercules guitar hangers from Guitar Center and they just say they are a slat wall base. Is this a universal size/spacing or whatever? I see Lowes and Home Depot sell several different brands of garage wall organize/slat wall strips and I was curious if they're all compatible?

I bought slat hangers on Amazon and removed the slat piece and screw them into a board and attached to wall. Cost $100 for everything.

Attachments

• 20201205_203855.jpg
    20201205_203855.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 71
I use the Diamond Life Guitar Hanger MX and it works great for me. I would assume they are all compatible, but can't say for certain.

I'm considering just getting some slat wall Hercules guitar hangers from Guitar Center and they just say they are a slat wall base. Is this a universal size/spacing or whatever? I see Lowes and Home Depot sell several different brands of garage wall organize/slat wall strips and I was curious if they're all compatible?

Worst way to rest a guitar is handling it by the neck... pretty much like humans!
Don't do it!

cheers
I

Reactions: Geo
I do remember seeing, I think it was George Lynch saying, that the cause for so many "cracks" in the finish or wood around where the neck bolts to the body is from improper handling, storage, etc...a'la hanging it by the neck like so many guitar stores and enthusiasts. That's fine though, I already have these hangers. If I had a dedicated man cave and the money to get those hangers that hold it by the body I would.

Hanging a guitar by its headstock is a terrible idea.
Even if your guitars are for show.

I do remember seeing, I think it was George Lynch saying, that the cause for so many "cracks" in the finish or wood around where the neck bolts to the body is from improper handling, storage, etc...a'la hanging it by the neck like so many guitar stores and enthusiasts. That's fine though, I already have these hangers. If I had a dedicated man cave and the money to get those hangers that hold it by the body I would.
Neck pocket tension cracks are not from hanging guitar. More like from dropping or leaning the guitar face first or pulling on neck while playing.

Somebody better get in touch with the top vintage guitar stores in the world and let them know about how bad it is to hang guitars!👌

Neck pocket tension cracks are not from hanging guitar. More like from dropping or leaning the guitar face first or pulling on neck while playing.
Maybe that's what it was, leaning it against the wall or your speaker cab or something. Which, I totally do that currently on 2 of my guitars lol

I bought mine on either Amazon or Sweetwater a few years ago. I think it's called a DiamondLife and I assume it was less than $100.

Attachments

• 20210220_102955_resized.jpg
    20210220_102955_resized.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 34
Hanging is the absolute best way to display a guitar and for space management.
It's just not the absolute best way to store a guitar. Nothing wrong with it though.

I like cases to help minimize stuff like dust, UV light that can mess with cosmetics,
SoCal earthquakes, and of course, the occasional wildy acidic flatulence.

I like them on guitar stands.. never have trusted the wall hang. Just never know. But in a case that holds 6 of them, they sit side by side. Just sucks for my explorer because I can't have it in there. The advantage of the wall hangers is that they are also out of the way and you free up space which is always a premium in home studio/practice spaces.

Back